Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Might as well be quilting! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/might-well-quilting-t216860.html)

Quiltngolfer 03-20-2013 11:51 AM

I love it! You are a hoot. Thanks for the smile. Go in and make something pretty in your sewing room. Cute.

hessevic 03-20-2013 11:52 AM

Spring??

Originally Posted by sandrab64 (Post 5941647)
Today is the first day of spring here in Minnesota so I was all geared up to go outside and enjoy the warm, sunny delights that Mother Nature has to offer on this 20th day of March. Well, imagine my surprise to find out that Mother Nature is just a nasty old woman who doesn't have a lick of compassion for those of us who are sick to death of winter! She certainly did NOT hold up her end of the bargain for the first day of spring!

So...I might as well put back on my sweatshirt, sweatpants, fuzzy socks and grab another cup of coffee and hole up in my quilting room! THAT is what gives me a 'spring' in my step! :thumbup:

I'm in Northern Minnesota also. 0 degrees this morning and 2 feet of snow.A perfect day for quilting.

quilter2090 03-20-2013 11:53 AM

I too, live in Minnesota. I am sooo ready for Spring! But, then comes road constructiona and bugs. I am so tired of having to walk like a 105 year old when I'm outside since the whole yard is glare ice. I tried to walk to my Jeep with my sneakers on, I got 2 steps from the deck and carefully turned around and went back into the house to put on my snow boots. And guess what, more snow coming! I just keep telling myself, spring will come!

quilt addict 03-20-2013 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Sheepdoglady (Post 5941817)
You are too funny!! Hope spring comes soon for you. Loads of blooms here in sunny
San Diego. We had our share of cold weather here this past winter with lots of rainy, windy days.

Yep, I guess I cannot complain about the mid 60's we have been having this week. At least your weeds are not growing like well WEEDS!

feline fanatic 03-20-2013 12:05 PM

LOL. Great picture Definitely worth 1000 words.

gramajo 03-20-2013 12:33 PM

How long did it take you to warm up after putting your sweats and fuzzy socks back on and drinking what I would guess would be several cups of coffee?

I love your picture.

barny 03-20-2013 12:39 PM

Well, We've had our air cond. on today, also in the car. But, boy, when you have nice summers, we'll have blazin' hot summers. Guess we'll just have to go with it. Not much we can do about it.

frustratedquilter40 03-20-2013 12:51 PM

LOL you are amazing and brave !!! Mother nature can be funny aboutthe weather she is showing us she is in charge not the calendar saying today isthe 1st day of spring. Well here in the Pacific Northwest it is a balmy 54 and windy/raining . Hope spring comes to you soon to melt that snow away.

Floralfab 03-20-2013 01:02 PM

Snow here in Massachusetts too. We had another storm yesterday. It's cold too. We are way below normal. You are right--might as well quilt.

GramaKate 03-20-2013 06:15 PM

Got to love spring time in Minnesota. Forcast for north central MN tonight is -4F. Yippee