Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   A new Christmas memory (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/new-christmas-memory-t85730.html)

craftybear 12-28-2010 02:22 PM

glad he got to return it and we all need to be careful

Hosta 12-28-2010 02:31 PM

that happened at PetSmart we bought flea stuff $49 and when we got home the stuff in the box had been changed with the cheap stuff luckily they let us take it back

Cyn 12-28-2010 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by raptureready
It never ceases to amaze me how low-down some people can go. No conscience, no morals, no dignity, no class.

Back when I used to color my hair I found out (the hard way) that some people think it's hilarious to switch the bottles from box to box. I wasn't happy either.

OMG I once had my color go very bad and I never once thought this might be the case! Dang!

lots2do 12-28-2010 05:58 PM

One of my colleagues got an order from the Scholastic Book Club last week. The box was mangled and taped up with lots of wide packing tape. When she opened it, there was an opened, half eaten box of chocolates inside and about three books (not all the books she'd ordered). Still haven't heard what Scholastic did for her.

DawnMarie 12-28-2010 07:31 PM

It's amazing the things some people will do. I used to work for a large retailer managing customer service. On Black Friday, one year, we had a huge TV sale. A little old lady came up to the service counter, and said that her son was bringing the TV up and she wanted to pay for it. I told her we should wait to make sure he gets one. She pointed to a gentleman walking towards the registers and said, "That's my son." So, I motioned for him to come over to me. I rang up the sale, the lady paid, and we had someone take the TV out to her car.
The man asked, "Where are they going with my TV?"
I told him that his mom had paid for it, and they were helping her out to the car with it.
He said, "I've never seen that woman in my life!"
Luckily, we had one TV left in the backroom. I can't imagine how mad he would have been if we didn't have that last one!

sueisallaboutquilts 12-28-2010 08:11 PM

I couldn't believe what you wrote! So glad your grandson was able to get a new box. Unreal!!!!!! :(

sandpat 12-29-2010 07:14 AM

Makes ya' loose faith in the human race...disgusting!

CarrieAnne 12-29-2010 08:25 AM

Yeesh, so glad he got to return it...how sad!

crankygran 12-29-2010 02:39 PM

One time when I bought a couple of new bras that came in boxes when I opened one at home it was the grimiest, grungy stinking bra that some PIG had worn for what looked like months and then put in this box in exchange for the new one. I will never again buy one in the box without checking it first,and yes, they did exchange it for me but it was at a store thirtyfive miles from home.

fluffyme02 12-29-2010 03:30 PM

Oh, My Goodness!!!! [First off, I love your "logo" of "RAPTUREREADY"~~seems like I have been ready forever and then a day!] Okay, I have to ask: what color were you going for and what color did you wind up? Just curious!!!

Originally Posted by raptureready
It never ceases to amaze me how low-down some people can go. No conscience, no morals, no dignity, no class.

Back when I used to color my hair I found out (the hard way) that some people think it's hilarious to switch the bottles from box to box. I wasn't happy either.

:lol: