Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   A new Christmas memory (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/new-christmas-memory-t85730.html)

dljennings 12-29-2010 05:18 PM

my youngest dd was reading this over my shoulder... her response "it sure would be nice if people could just suck a little less" sad but true....what amazes me the most is that i would never even be able to come up with the ideas some do.

Ramona Byrd 12-29-2010 05:37 PM

[quote=fluffyme02]Oh, My Goodness!!!! [First off, I love your "logo" of "RAPTUREREADY"~~seems like I have been ready forever and then a day!] Okay, I have to ask: what color were you going for and what color did you wind up? Just curious!!![quote=raptureready]It never ceases to amaze me how low-down some people can go. No conscience, no morals, no dignity, no class.
----------------------------------------
I was born a redhead like both my sons, but after a few years nature decided that I should have brownish hair. So I tried to get some with a reddish look to it. Next to last dye was a loud, brilliant red that shocked me when I looked in the mirror when it dried. I immediately went and got some of the dye remover, I think it was called, very appropriately OOPS or something close to that. I used about half of it and got a more livable color. Since reading your comments, from now on I'll ALWAYS check the inside of the box before buying it.

jacie 12-29-2010 05:55 PM

after unpacking, it is a good idea to check the parts list also, once I had a yard swing mostly put together when I noticed there were only 3 supports to hold the chair part in,,,,,took it all apart and returned it to walmart, and I marked on the box that parts were missing. the clerk at walmarts said she was sorry I had marked it like that, it could have been resold.........not how about that????

Katz13203 12-29-2010 06:39 PM

That's unbelievable - I never thought to look in the box to see if it's the right hair color.

I'm so glad that he wasn't to upset when he opened up the lego box and also that they had more.

I bet I will be checking more carefully when I by things from now on.

fluffyme02 12-29-2010 07:57 PM

The reason I asked: about 10 years ago, for Christmas, I got a new set of pans, or so I thought. After opening, I found someone elses OLD set of pans. The box had been retaped, and I never thought anything about it. Penneys did take them back, but like you, some people have NO conscience, NO morals, NO dignity, NO sense of fairness, and so many other NOs. It's a sad world indeed!!!![quote=Ramona Byrd][quote=fluffyme02]Oh, My Goodness!!!! [First off, I love your "logo" of "RAPTUREREADY"~~seems like I have been ready forever and then a day!] Okay, I have to ask: what color were you going for and what color did you wind up? Just curious!!!

Originally Posted by raptureready
It never ceases to amaze me how low-down some people can go. No conscience, no morals, no dignity, no class.
----------------------------------------
I was born a redhead like both my sons, but after a few years nature decided that I should have brownish hair. So I tried to get some with a reddish look to it. Next to last dye was a loud, brilliant red that shocked me when I looked in the mirror when it dried. I immediately went and got some of the dye remover, I think it was called, very appropriately OOPS or something close to that. I used about half of it and got a more livable color. Since reading your comments, from now on I'll ALWAYS check the inside of the box before buying it.

wildyard 12-29-2010 08:54 PM

It's just another reason I love this board! Any time the way some people act starts getting to me, I just come here to have my faith in people and human nature restored. Sure there are always those out there to take unfair advantage, but then for each of them there are more like the generous, loving, helpful, supportive and giving angels we meet daily here on the quilting board.

baubo1234 12-29-2010 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by wildyard
It's just another reason I love this board! Any time the way some people act starts getting to me, I just come here to have my faith in people and human nature restored. Sure there are always those out there to take unfair advantage, but then for each of them there are more like the generous, loving, helpful, supportive and giving angels we meet daily here on the quilting board.

I agree. this board lifts me up every time I come here.

cag1949 12-29-2010 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
Back when I used to color my hair I found out (the hard way) that some people think it's hilarious to switch the bottles from box to box. I wasn't happy either.

--------------------------------------
@#$%^& So THAT's why my next to last hair dye job looked so different!! Now I'll always check the insides too. Never thought to do that, never thought it would be necessary. It's sad, can't trust anyone these days.[/quote]

I hadn't heard of this, I will now be checking my boxes!

rona thickpenny 12-30-2010 12:53 AM

Steam is coming out of my ears , how can people stop so low. I get so cross . Those people would kick up stink if the tables where turned on them.I hope your GS enjoys his Logo after all that trouble .bless you all .

raptureready 12-30-2010 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by fluffyme02
Oh, My Goodness!!!! [First off, I love your "logo" of "RAPTUREREADY"~~seems like I have been ready forever and then a day!] Okay, I have to ask: what color were you going for and what color did you wind up? Just curious!!!

Originally Posted by raptureready
It never ceases to amaze me how low-down some people can go. No conscience, no morals, no dignity, no class.

Back when I used to color my hair I found out (the hard way) that some people think it's hilarious to switch the bottles from box to box. I wasn't happy either.

:lol:

Light Ash Blonde and ended up with some reddish/coppery color Desert Sunset or something like that. Since my hair had been everything from silver to pink to fire engine red I went ahead with it but Light Ash was my favorite and that was what I wanted.