Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   No Travel, is that strange? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/no-travel-strange-t50476.html)

sewjoyce 06-20-2010 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by eightylady
sewjoyce...I've been waiting to ask this question...HOW do you "leave hubby at home" :?: :thumbup:

I just make plans with my friends and then I TELL him where/when we're going :lol: :lol:

SuziC 06-20-2010 03:48 PM

I don't think that is strange at all. My wish is someday be able to sew all day and never have to go ANYWHERE! We like being home together. We both have our own hobbies so it works out great. I'm with you all the way! :lol: :lol: :lol:

marsye 06-20-2010 03:49 PM

Well heck fire!!! Now I'm wanting to go on a trip and its too dang hot! :oops:

boxerlady 06-20-2010 04:05 PM

go North, way North !!!

eightylady 06-20-2010 06:15 PM

Melinda in Tulsa, just wait til you have a 50+ yr old daughter who still sez "mom, you have to go shopping...you need..." Melinda, you sound just perfect. Now, what was everyone talking about?

Melinda in Tulsa 06-20-2010 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Cuilteanna
We have online grocery delivery here, only my dh insists that it's "good for me" to get out to shop. I try to gather everything into one day where I have to go out, and if I'm lucky spend the rest of the week at home!

Oh, I envy you! Seems like I have run out for milk more than anything. I try to grocery shop in bulk and keep the freezer full.
Wonder if you can freeze milk?

Melinda in Tulsa 06-20-2010 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by eightylady
Melinda in Tulsa, just wait til you have a 50+ yr old daughter who still sez "mom, you have to go shopping...you need..." Melinda, you sound just perfect. Now, what was everyone talking about?

LOL, eightylady, my kids know better than to ask me to go anywhere! I only see my DGD when DD brings her over.

dotcomdtcm 06-20-2010 07:11 PM

I retired 2 years ago after 38 years of teaching. I felt I deserved a trip. Did not even have a passport. Trip to Barcelona was wonderful. Trip to Brazil was very costly and disappointing. Enjoy your home and don't worry about what everyone else is doing.

Chasing Hawk 06-20-2010 08:16 PM

I am just like our pups.....I love to ride.......LOL

My husband and I love to travel, even if it's just a day trip over the mountain.

Gramof6 06-20-2010 09:41 PM

My DH & I don't like to be gone from home for long periods of time. And we really prefer to only go places that we can take our dogs with us. The Houston Quilt Show in the Fall is the exception & I really have to talk myself into going then! I am bad I know but I do love those dogs.LOL And I love our home. Not that it is anything grand or special, but it is comfy & home. So you are normal I would say.