Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   No Travel, is that strange? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/no-travel-strange-t50476.html)

eightylady 06-22-2010 01:42 PM

waquilter...I hope you won a great prize for catching that fish in your avatar. Thanks for showing it!

Pat G 06-22-2010 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Rosyhf
Do you think it is strange that neither one of use wants to travel? Hubby and I have been retired for four years now and except for a car trip just here in Florida and my one or two teachings out of town trips. We don't want to go anywhere.

I did lots of going when I was younger and hubby being in the army when he was young and traveled all over Europe etc. I think we had enough.

I find that retired people are always going on a trip somewhere and I thought we were strange lol...we just love to be home because for one..there is nothing I would much rather do than quilt or paint or knit or make a doll..that is the ultimate vacation for me lol....and hubby is just happy watching his races and games and working in the yard and doing housework.

We do go visit friends and family but that is it.

Don't let what other people do make you feel you should be doing the same thing or something different. Just be happy & don't waste time second guessing yourself.

Rusty's Mama 06-22-2010 07:46 PM

I would rather be home! We spent 20 yrs in the service so we got to see some wonderful places. My DH wanted to travel back east this summer - I just couldn't go, at least this year. I don't have the patience for air travel and sitting for long hrs on end in a car really hurts the body! Even going between our home and our camping property is more than I care to do. Love it when I get there - but would rather stay at home!

PJO 06-22-2010 07:57 PM

I love to go on road trips and long vacations - just as long as I can sleep in my own bed, in my own bedroom, in my own home, in Kansas, every night!!! Love to Travel!!!!

puck116 06-23-2010 06:13 AM

I did lots of going when I was younger and hubby being in the army when he was young and traveled all over Europe etc. I think we had enough. (quote)

We didn't travel at all unless we could drive there when we were young because of cost. What I consider our first real vacation wasn't until we were married 10 yrs. and 2 kids later. Then later my inlaws bought a place in Florida and that became our only destination. I'm still waiting to travel to other places, like Europe. We will get there someday. Can't seem to get those kids (29 & almost 28) married off.

Born2Sew 06-23-2010 06:34 AM

After working all those years, I'm happy to be at home. There is plenty here to keep me busy. I hate shopping, it wears me out. After an hours drive I can barely walk when I get out of the vehicle. So travel is not something I really care for. We shop once a month to stock up on everything we can. Of course we always seem to run out of milk, bread and eggs. Now DD has chickens and I've been getting fresh eggs from her, yea!

Truly though, the world is so crazy I just prefer to stay at home in my safe zone.

Sue Fish 06-23-2010 06:43 AM

We like simple trips...right at this moment we are at the Berkshires in Mass. ...dh is off golfing and I am relaxing here at the condo..we have a timeshare and exchange to go various places but not into BIG trips..we like simple get aways and mostly enjoy it when our children and their families can join us...going to Williamsburg in Sept. and our son and dil and our grand will join us there..most of the time we are content being home..I have lots of friends I enjoy and my grands and all ..

mjsylvstr 06-24-2010 03:38 AM

We like to do both...

When home there is no place like it..but to travel, that's so interesting and enjoyable........but then it's home and back in one's own bed.

As I mentioned before, there's no place like home !!!!!

We do a cruise each year, sometimes 4 day and then maybe a 7 day. Hubby really enjoys just the pleasure of sailing. We do not do the island hopping.... just the relaxation.

kd124 06-25-2010 10:17 PM

Nothing strange about that at all.

Aurora 06-29-2010 03:08 AM

Heel CLICK! There is no place like home!