Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Other forums? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/other-forums-t279707.html)

Geri B 06-18-2016 09:12 AM

Other forums?

...just wondering if there were any other quilting forums that you might know/visit that are as interesting as this one...not Facebook, Twitter Instagram or any other specialty places like that..I don't belong to any of them...oh, and I dislike yahoo groups......some days this forum has little going on, and some days, so do I, and would like to see what else is going on. I really don't visit blogs on a regular basis..one or two that I check with occasionally, most others are just me-myself and I places....I will scroll thru Pinterest once in awhile too, but there too, if something looks like I'm might want to pursue, and I click..it ends up being "a brick wall".....no additional info or follow up......thanks for letting me ramble.

Emmy Sue 06-18-2016 09:34 AM

You might like the Missouri Star Quilt Co. firum.

slbram17 06-18-2016 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Geri B (Post 7580215)
...just wondering if there were any other quilting forums that you might know/visit that are as interesting as this one...not Facebook, Twitter Instagram or any other specialty places like that..I don't belong to any of them...oh, and I dislike yahoo groups......some days this forum has little going on, and some days, so do I, and would like to see what else is going on. I really don't visit blogs on a regular basis..one or two that I check with occasionally, most others are just me-myself and I places....I will scroll thru Pinterest once in awhile too, but there too, if something looks like I'm might want to pursue, and I click..it ends up being "a brick wall".....no additional info or follow up......thanks for letting me ramble.

I know you excluded Facebook, but you might want to reconsider. The sewing group and the sewing/quilting enthusiasts group each have way over 25000 members, resulting in a lot of questions/answers/photos. Rarely a down time on these groups.

I also enjoy Pinterest, it's like a maze sometimes when you follow the photos to where they have been pinned. You end up seeing a lot of other boards that you might be interested in. I enjoy Pinterest and visit regularly.

Quilty-Louise 06-18-2016 10:02 AM

QuiltingHaven.com

Quiltingaroundtheworld.com

Connecting Threads also has a forum.

Tartan 06-18-2016 11:55 AM

Forum.missouriquiltco. and quite a few of our machine experts have gone to victorianswearshopforum.

tapper 06-18-2016 12:10 PM

[QUOTE=Emmy Sue;7580237]You might like the Missouri Star Quilt Co. firum.[/QUOTE

Agree with this..

MFord 06-18-2016 06:27 PM

Tartan, it's Victoriansweatshopforum, not swearshop! It's mostly about the vintage machines, although we have quilting threads as well. And I still come here!

Tartan 06-18-2016 07:08 PM

I should have checked up on spell check I see. Sorry Victorian SWEAT shop forum!

cookiemonster 06-18-2016 08:43 PM

Missouri, connecting threads, fat quarter shop, quilt in a day, and a small one Delphi forums very small

DOTTYMO 06-18-2016 10:46 PM

Oh no I've just found MSQC forum more quilt patterns to put on the to do list.