Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Ouch! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/ouch-t124380.html)

Mimmis57 05-19-2011 09:09 PM

So has this happened to anyone else? I'm sewing along happily and got my big ole' finger too close to the needle and bam right thru my fingernail and out the top of my finger! What to do- ER or stay home? I knew if i went to the ER' I'd sit for hours and they would just use a hemastat and pull it out. I had a project to finish so got my pliers and pulled that bad boy out. My husband said "So you had to stop sewing?" ( Obviously he's new here!) " No. I just changed the needle and kept going!" Just thought I'd share.

Painiacs 05-19-2011 09:12 PM

Ouch! Keep it clean and becareful!!

Celeste 05-19-2011 09:20 PM

I cannot imagine how much that must hurt!

My sister just asked if you'd had a recent tetnus shot?

suebee 05-19-2011 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Mimmis57
So has this happened to anyone else? I'm sewing along happily and got my big ole' finger too close to the needle and bam right thru my fingernail and out the top of my finger! What to do- ER or stay home? I knew if i went to the ER' I'd sit for hours and they would just use a hemastat and pull it out. I had a project to finish so got my pliers and pulled that bad boy out. My husband said "So you had to stop sewing?" ( Obviously he's new here!) " No. I just changed the needle and kept going!" Just thought I'd share.

Oh my gosh! You are hard core for sure. I'd have been freakin out. I cant handle that. Hope you are ok :)

moonwork42029 05-19-2011 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Mimmis57
My husband said "So you had to stop sewing?" ( Obviously he's new here!) " No. I just changed the needle and kept going!" Just thought I'd share.

Oh that is too rich!

I've clicked the end of mind so I know your's will be very tender for a few days.... tetanus shot maybe in line?

Kaz 05-19-2011 09:27 PM

OUCH!!! Sure that must have hurt! Hope you are OK...

hspirit_99 05-19-2011 09:27 PM

learned that lesson early, was about 5 on my GMs treadle and it went in twice. sat there while she backed it out of my finger then pulled the thread out and we both started to laugh. it hurt so bad but it was so funny to me. havent done it since.
feel better soon

craftybear 05-19-2011 09:27 PM

ouch ouch, keep a good look on it don't want you to get infection

Jim 05-19-2011 09:29 PM

OH makes me cringe...I caught the needle right at the nail bed...jerked it soon as it hit and rippppppp...was so tender for so long but hey I sewed extra carefully with a bandaid on.

dglvr 05-19-2011 09:31 PM

Ahhhh that hurts just thinking about it. A friend did that last year so I'm always watching not to get my finger that close.
Ha. I'm glad you kept sewing though. :thumbup: