Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Quilt Tattoos (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/quilt-tattoos-t58845.html)

BellaBoo 08-11-2010 06:11 AM

I use to want a tattoo when I was younger but thank goodness there wasn't a tattoo shop anywhere within hundreds of miles from me. When I moved to CA I walked in a shop and picked out my design. In came a lady, maybe in her 60's. I thought that was old then. She had tattoos and after seeing how her's looked at that age I walked out. DD got a small one and had it done with the new inks. She decided to have it removed a couple years after getting it. The easier to remove inks are wonderful!

azdesertrat 08-11-2010 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by knlsmith
Not sure if this is the right section to post, but here goes....

Hi, I am thinking about getting another tatto. I have several. Some big, some small, but all mean something to me.

I was wondering if anyone here has any they would like to share? AND does anyone have any ideas for me to get one? i have too many I would like and can't make up my mind. Some outside opinions would really be great/

google sewing tattoos and quilt tattoos,there are some cool ones out there,Im going to get one eventually of an old singer style sewing machine

redkimba 08-11-2010 07:34 AM

Whatever you choose, please post a picture. I would love to see it. I would get one, but my dad would hurt me severely..

lynnie 08-11-2010 08:00 AM

what a great idea, ihave a small hart on left chest with sons name it. i did a trade with the tatoo guy, i embroidered a back front pocket and rt sleeve in exchange, soooo. maybe someone can do a barter swap for the tat if tooo expensive

LAQUITA 08-11-2010 08:02 AM

I am waiting to get my 2 tatoos as my 'reward' for loosing 75 pounds.
I want one on each of my ankles. A red rose for our oldest daughter and a colored striped zebra for our youngest daughter who is sick with 2 rare diseases and a zebra is the mascot for rare diseases.

Hopefully by the spring!

katsewnsew 08-11-2010 08:09 AM

Talking about tattoos, just this past weekend my friend showed me her tat that she got years ago, it was Tweety, and it was just below her hip to the front a bit. Well, sad to say, Tweety's head is on crooked now! Laughed my kubitzer off!!! She got it at about 30 yrs old, she is now 62.

Joanie2 08-11-2010 08:21 AM

My son has a pair of left handed scissors and a needle and thread on his forearm. He does not sew by machine but mends all his jeans with dental floss so he also has a pkg of floss. Go figure.

knlsmith 08-11-2010 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by LAQUITA
I am waiting to get my 2 tatoos as my 'reward' for loosing 75 pounds.
I want one on each of my ankles. A red rose for our oldest daughter and a colored striped zebra for our youngest daughter who is sick with 2 rare diseases and a zebra is the mascot for rare diseases.

Hopefully by the spring!

WHEN (not if) you get them, be sure to use sunscreen on them even if you don't use it anywhere else. I have a sunflower on the top of my left shoulder that I have to get re-colored every few years.

knlsmith 08-11-2010 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by katsewnsew
Talking about tattoos, just this past weekend my friend showed me her tat that she got years ago, it was Tweety, and it was just below her hip to the front a bit. Well, sad to say, Tweety's head is on crooked now! Laughed my kubitzer off!!! She got it at about 30 yrs old, she is now 62.

I have a playboy bunny on my front left hip. I was 18. When I had my daughter at 20 the ears grew from 1 1/2 inch to over 3 inches long! LOL Needless to say, it has "texture" now. ROFL

katsewnsew 08-11-2010 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by knlsmith

Originally Posted by katsewnsew

I have a playboy bunny on my front left hip. I was 18. When I had my daughter at 20 the ears grew from 1 1/2 inch to over 3 inches long! LOL Needless to say, it has "texture" now. ROFL

I can't stop laughing at this one!!!! TEXTURE!!!