Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Quilt Tattoos (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/quilt-tattoos-t58845.html)

damaquilts 08-13-2010 03:30 AM

My daughter is the one with a bunch of tattoo's I love her stuff. Some I questioned but its her body not mine. I have 3 small ones. They really need to be recolored but I would rather spend money on fabric. Besides me and tattoo needles are no longer friends since I developed fibromyalgia. Wish I could get some more though.I can't wait to see what you do

CarrieAnne 08-13-2010 03:35 AM

I love the idea of an old sewingmachine, but I LOVE the vintage machines! Also the idea of your favorite block.
I love the look of the tatoos that look almost like watercolors...not sure what they are called, butBrandon Bond does pet ones, and they are so neat. Almost got my dog Sugar on my shoulder when she died, but WHEW, couldnt afford it!

damaquilts 08-13-2010 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
I love the idea of an old sewingmachine, but I LOVE the vintage machines! Also the idea of your favorite block.
I love the look of the tatoos that look almost like watercolors...not sure what they are called, butBrandon Bond does pet ones, and they are so neat. Almost got my dog Sugar on my shoulder when she died, but WHEW, couldnt afford it!

Knew that name sounded familiar . He does pit rescue too. His work is wonderful but yeah you get a good artist especially that good and the prices are sky high.
My daughter has an artist she wants to do her dogs but the appointments are 2 years out and a couple hundred non refundable deposit.

mjsylvstr 08-13-2010 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by finch
My son is a tattoo artist,but he ain't getting no where near me with those needles!!

agreed !!!!!!!!!!

CarrieAnne 08-13-2010 04:12 AM

Yes, he does pit rescue. I saw his work in a movie about the dog rescue. Amazing!!!!!!!!! It looks like watercolor paintings to me, and yah, price reflects it, lol!

quilt3311 08-13-2010 04:30 AM

Have a friend who had a tat put on in college, now that she is "aging" The rose looks like its drooping. Just a consideration of WHERE the tat is placed. Some parts of the anatomy droop with age. grin.

katsewnsew 08-13-2010 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by quilt3311
Some parts of the anatomy droop with age. grin.

JUST SOME???????

stitchinwitch 08-13-2010 04:43 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

knlsmith 08-13-2010 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by katsewnsew

JUST SOME???????

LMAO. I was gonna say the same thing. Childbirth can do wonders to the body.

katsewnsew 08-13-2010 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by knlsmith

Originally Posted by katsewnsew

JUST SOME???????

LMAO. I was gonna say the same thing. Childbirth can do wonders to the body.

Childbirth and M&Ms!!!!