Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   RAK Thank You! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/rak-thank-you-t172506.html)

VampyAuthor 02-07-2012 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by wanda lou (Post 4952934)
Thank you Louise.

For the very special RAK.

A very sweet letter and Bib for Sydney Lane, you made my day.
Her parents would also like to thank you, It's truly a keepsake.
Thanks for making my day.

I'm Sydney Lane's mom and I wanted to say thank you as well. It will definitely become a keepsake that will follow us on our many Air Force journeys. It will be one, I'm sure, that Sydney will have all her life. Thank you :)

wanda lou 02-08-2012 12:05 AM

Hey so glad you found me, Now you know where I spend most of my time.

Diana Lynne 02-08-2012 03:35 AM

NO Murphy did not leave!!!! Instead he brought relatives :(..Diana

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 4950909)
Murphy is gone. He went to Ireland to get ready for St. Patrick's Day, so get ready for March.

Krystyna 02-08-2012 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by Diana Lynne (Post 4954217)
NO Murphy did not leave!!!! Instead he brought relatives :(..Diana

What??? Tell that bum he is overstaying his welcome!

Quilty-Louise 02-08-2012 05:22 AM

Wanda & Vampy,

I am so very happy you finally got the bib. Honestly I was
beginning to think I needed to remake it and send again, it
took 2 weeks to get from CO to OH got figure.

I truly happy that you like the bib. May you (and lil Miss) have
fun using it.

HUGS

ragqueen03 02-08-2012 06:02 AM

I don't know if this qualifies for a RAK but I just want say a huge THANK YOU to one of our board members. She will know it is her by reading this!A couple of weeks ago I had put out a thread stating I had won a gift certificate in the fab shop hop and couldn't be sure if I wanted to get a paper piecing book that made 3 inch miniatures. I said I had just starting pp and wasn't sure if I was ready to tackle 3 inches. This dear lady sent me a pm and said she had a Carol Doak book that made 12 1/2 inch squares - 40 fabulous bright blocks - and I could have it if I sent her the postage. It arrived the other day and I am thrilled and can hardly wait to start some of them! I was really touched that somene read it and offered something I could use to increase my pp abilities! Thanks again - you know who you are!

Diana Lynne 02-08-2012 07:25 AM

Yes he did and I am at my wits end..Diana

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 4954373)
What??? Tell that bum he is overstaying his welcome!

onaemtnest 02-08-2012 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by arizonagirl (Post 4949834)
How wonderful it is to get a smile in the mail box. What size circles are you using for your yo-yo's?

Hi Robyn,
Well I'm using the Clover orange tool, which needs a minimum 4" diameter piece of fabric. I cut 4" squares and just trim the corners off. My project is to make enough Yo Yo's to complete a Queen sized spread 114x135, so I will need 5100 give or take. I'm using only pastel colored fabric, as I saw a picture of a Yo Yo cover and it was so pretty I always had in the back of my mind to make one.

Starting Jan 1st I challenged myself to make at least 1000 per month and did accomplish that making 1200. I'm a little behind so far this month, as company has and will be here for a few more days. I make this in the evening while watching TV .... I think I watch to much TV in the evening :0) But if I don't keep my hands busy I fall asleep :0)

What I found is that my stash doesn't have much in the way of pastels so Diana sending me some pastel fabric was most welcomed. Another quilter I was talking to suggested using the wrong side of the fabric for even another option?

I'm still not sure and will ask for help here on the board how I will sew them all together. I want to butt them next to one another and not overlap at all. I was thinking about sewing them on my machine or perhaps I will have to do it by hand.

Hopefully I will be true to my challenge and complete this before Fall. I store the completed Yo's in 1 gallon zip loc type bags ~ 200 per bag...and they look so very pretty in the bags I'm anxious to see them put together.

Havplenty 02-08-2012 10:44 AM

sorry onalee i cannot help you with fabric scraps because i dont really work with pastel fabrics. but when i am out i wll check remnant bins to see if i find any treasures i can gift to you. good luck with your project.

mary

Havplenty 02-08-2012 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Diana Lynne (Post 4954852)
Yes he did and I am at my wits end..Diana

diana sometimes when we are going through, the days and nights can seem endless. but believe they are not here to stay and that you will be doing a happy dance real soon. be encouraged. i think our stumbling days just help to keep us more focused on the important things.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1...sus/0013-1.jpg