Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   RAK Thank You! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/rak-thank-you-t172506.html)

Gigi07 02-07-2012 09:34 AM

OMG!! I was RAKed today! Teresa(mscupid804) will never know just how much her package means to me. This package came when I really needed it most. My son went to be with Jesus two years ago today. She sent the most beautiful valentines mug rug with a big heart and a mug with hearts!!!! How appropriate! Thank you Teresa from the bottom of my heart. Will post a picture later today... Quilty Hugs

Gigi07 02-07-2012 09:44 AM

First I would like to thank Louise for starting this RAK list. It is amazing how a surprise will brighten ones day... Thank YOU!

1) Do you cross stitch? No

2a) Do you like to do a LOT of applique (that involves cutting small pieces
and/or in tight corners)? YES

2b) If you applique do you do fusible or raw edge turn (or both)? Both..just learning not sure which one I like the best

2c) What kind of scissors do you use? Which ever ones I have handy at the time lol

3) Do you like "blocks" that are not finished? (size 12-1/2" I think)? Yes I do!

4) Do you like BOM patterns that are "missing" a one or two of the
months (like the Joanns BOM's)? YES

5) Have you seen those magnifying glasses that clamps to the machine?
I use mine all the time...

mscupid804 02-07-2012 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Gigi07 (Post 4951903)
OMG!! I was RAKed today! Teresa(mscupid804) will never know just how much her package means to me. This package came when I really needed it most. My son went to be with Jesus two years ago today. She sent the most beautiful valentines mug rug with a big heart and a mug with hearts!!!! How appropriate! Thank you Teresa from the bottom of my heart. Will post a picture later today... Quilty Hugs

You are sooooo welcome!

romanojg 02-07-2012 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Sheila_H (Post 4797951)
I may sound dumb with this question but what is RAK?

I was with you on this one and still am. How can it be random acts of kindness; when the addresses aren't publisized as far as I know. But then I've only been on here for over a yr and haven't seen the RAK so I guess there is alot I haven't seen yet.

Havplenty 02-07-2012 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by romanojg (Post 4952170)
I was with you on this one and still am. How can it be random acts of kindness; when the addresses aren't publisized as far as I know. But then I've only been on here for over a yr and haven't seen the RAK so I guess there is alot I haven't seen yet.

romanojg quilty-louise maintains the list of RAK addresses. it is something that she had in her heart to do and asked a group of the monthly secret pal swappers if they wanted to participate. participation is purely voluntary as is the sharing of mailing addresses.

Krystyna 02-07-2012 12:09 PM

I am lazy today. Don't make me scroll back through all of this ... who wanted zippers?

mooretll 02-07-2012 12:19 PM

That was me Krystyna zipper and t-shirts. I sent three raks out last thursday hope everyone got them.

wanda lou 02-07-2012 03:33 PM

thank you

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you Louise.

For the very special RAK.

A very sweet letter and Bib for Sydney Lane, you made my day.
Her parents would also like to thank you, It's truly a keepsake.
Thanks for making my day.

mscupid804 02-07-2012 04:02 PM

Ah, that's a sweet bib!

arizonagirl 02-07-2012 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Havplenty (Post 4950424)
i have never seen it, was never interested.

I have the movie, but have never seen the whole thing. I was watching it with my youngest daughter when she was in high school. When they started whipping Jesus with the cat of 9 tails and it was tearing his flesh, my daughter got so upset that we had to stop watching it.