Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   RAK Thank You! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/rak-thank-you-t172506.html)

wanda lou 02-08-2012 12:38 PM

I was RAK ed today.
Thank you Debbie (moorettl) for the half squares, I will put them to great use.

onaemtnest 02-08-2012 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Havplenty (Post 4955477)
sorry onalee i cannot help you with fabric scraps because i dont really work with pastel fabrics. but when i am out i wll check remnant bins to see if i find any treasures i can gift to you. good luck with your project.

mary

Hi Mary~ Thank-you so much I will more than willing to trade fabric, how nice of you to keep an eye out for me. My local favorite place to purchase fabric gets in flat folds so many times they are a year or two old from well known fabric names and I try and get into town to see what has come in recently....it is such a chore to go look for fabric... NOT! :0)

mscupid804 02-08-2012 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Havplenty (Post 4955574)
diana sometimes when we are going through, the days and nights can seem endless. but believe they are not here to stay and that you will be doing a happy dance real soon. be encouraged. i think our stumbling days just help to keep us more focused on the important things.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1...sus/0013-1.jpg

This is my most favorite saying....I was going thru a rough patch once when I cross stitched this saying and had it framed. I'm copying this pic to use later....

quiltymom 02-08-2012 07:08 PM

Rak pics

2 Attachment(s)
Today I recieved my frist RAK from Quilty-Louise. Pic didn't come out the best but I tried. Thankyou so much Louise the thread will get used also all the other wonderful goodies you included. Big Hug,Thankyou again!!!! Sue

arizonagirl 02-08-2012 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by onaemtnest (Post 4955446)
Hi Robyn,
Well I'm using the Clover orange tool, which needs a minimum 4" diameter piece of fabric. I cut 4" squares and just trim the corners off. My project is to make enough Yo Yo's to complete a Queen sized spread 114x135, so I will need 5100 give or take. I'm using only pastel colored fabric, as I saw a picture of a Yo Yo cover and it was so pretty I always had in the back of my mind to make one.

Starting Jan 1st I challenged myself to make at least 1000 per month and did accomplish that making 1200. I'm a little behind so far this month, as company has and will be here for a few more days. I make this in the evening while watching TV .... I think I watch to much TV in the evening :0) But if I don't keep my hands busy I fall asleep :0)

What I found is that my stash doesn't have much in the way of pastels so Diana sending me some pastel fabric was most welcomed. Another quilter I was talking to suggested using the wrong side of the fabric for even another option?

I'm still not sure and will ask for help here on the board how I will sew them all together. I want to butt them next to one another and not overlap at all. I was thinking about sewing them on my machine or perhaps I will have to do it by hand.

Hopefully I will be true to my challenge and complete this before Fall. I store the completed Yo's in 1 gallon zip loc type bags ~ 200 per bag...and they look so very pretty in the bags I'm anxious to see them put together.

Hi Onalee,
I was hoping that they would be a size that I could use my GO die to cut a bunch and send to you. My die only does 2,3,and 5 inch circles. I'll pull some pastels and cut some 4 inch squares on my GO cutter for you and send them out as soon as I can.

arizonagirl 02-08-2012 09:25 PM

Louise the bib that you made is beautiful.

Quilty-Louise 02-09-2012 05:45 AM

I am glad you got the box so fast and hope that the thread will
help you out and well as everything else I sent.

Hugs back to you.

Louise

Originally Posted by quiltymom (Post 4956944)
Today I recieved my frist RAK from Quilty-Louise. Pic didn't come out the best but I tried. Thankyou so much Louise the thread will get used also all the other wonderful goodies you included. Big Hug,Thankyou again!!!! Sue

Krystyna 02-09-2012 09:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Got RAK'd by CajunQuilter today! (I hope that's right. It gets so confusing when you don't know the user names!) Three delicious packages of dark roast coffee!
Thank you so much. Just what I need today. I just might chew on the grounds directly out of the package. Love it!

CajunQuilter2 02-09-2012 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 4958517)
Got RAK'd by CajunQuilter today! (I hope that's right. It gets so confusing when you don't know the user names!) Three delicious packages of dark roast coffee!
Thank you so much. Just what I need today. I just might chew on the grounds directly out of the package. Love it!

Hope it is stong enough....I think I read you like it STRONG.....Enjoy:)

Krystyna 02-09-2012 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by CajunQuilter2 (Post 4958549)
Hope it is stong enough....I think I read you like it STRONG.....Enjoy:)

I sure do. If it doesn't grow hair on my chest, it's too weak. Oh. Wait a minute, that's not right. Nevermind.
Anyway, I am brewing some now and it smells fabulous! Thank you.