Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   RAK Thank You! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/rak-thank-you-t172506.html)

quiltymom 03-11-2012 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by arizonagirl (Post 5048657)
Ok I'm back again. I went to see my rheumatologist for the first time on Thursday morning and it went really well. I like this Dr. He really paid attention to me and did a very through exam. He wanted to start me on a round of steroids over the next month and have some tests run and follow in 1 month. He said he thinks that I have an inflamitory and auto immune disease. Well shortly before leaving his office I star having adominal pains. After 6 hours of unbearable pain DH takes me to the hospital where they admit me. After many tests they have determined that I now also have Crohn's disease, which get this is an inflamitory and auto immune disease. Dr said that a person with disease usually gets diagnosed much earlier than I did. That when I was diagnoised with IBS in my twenties it was probably this instead or that I have both. So now I have to add in 5 more medications to take for the rest of my life. I'm just to very glad to be back home now. I've had zero sleep while at the hospital due to sever pain and pesky people. I'm sure that I have a lot of reading to catch up on.

I also got an RAK from quiltymom that I will post in a little bit. Thanks quiltymom

Your very welcome hope your feeling better!!!!

quiltymom 03-11-2012 07:12 AM

Thankyou Krystyna for the bag of lace!!!!Mail ladies truck smelled nicley she said!!!!!

Krystyna 03-11-2012 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by quiltymom (Post 5049921)
Thankyou Krystyna for the bag of lace!!!!Mail ladies truck smelled nicley she said!!!!!

You are most welcome. I always tuck a lavender rose sachet in with my lace veils. Between using the fireplace and cooking all sorts of smelly things, it pays to be safe!

quiltymom 03-11-2012 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 5050248)
You are most welcome. I always tuck a lavender rose sachet in with my lace veils. Between using the fireplace and cooking all sorts of smelly things, it pays to be safe!

I use alot a round the house too!!! I know my mail box is still pretty!!!!!I always hook one under the fireplace mantel,behind toilet alittle in windows,in basement etc!!!!

Quilty-Louise 03-11-2012 09:15 AM

PLEASE!!!!!

Just a small reminder the acknowledge ALL rak's you receive even if
you don't know who sent it.

I know there has been several rak's mailed by several different people
and a little "birdy" told me they have not received ANY acknowledgements
to getting them even though they have been delivered.

I would truly hate to have the RAK group lose members because they did
not feel any appreciation towards the surprise they mailed.

Thank you for your understanding.

Krystyna 03-11-2012 09:36 AM

I'm with you, Louise. It's easy to say thanks.

quiltymom 03-11-2012 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 5050415)
I'm with you, Louise. It's easy to say thanks.

I agree!!!!!!!!

Diana Lynne 03-11-2012 12:54 PM

Well..I am back from GA after helping my daughter after her surgery and waiting on me was 2 RAK's by one of the sweetest people ever..Thank you so much Krystyna for the lace and the cards..I love them!!! And, I can not wait to use them..Have some pillows ready to be sewn together and the lace will really set them off beautifully..Thank you again so very much :)..Diana

mscupid804 03-12-2012 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise (Post 5050353)
PLEASE!!!!!

Just a small reminder the acknowledge ALL rak's you receive even if
you don't know who sent it.

I know there has been several rak's mailed by several different people
and a little "birdy" told me they have not received ANY acknowledgements
to getting them even though they have been delivered.

I would truly hate to have the RAK group lose members because they did
not feel any appreciation towards the surprise they mailed.

Thank you for your understanding.

I always acknowledge when I rec a RAK so I hope it's not me that one was sent to and no acknowledgement made, if so, it's because I haven't rec'd anything yet. The last RAK I rec'd was from hoppa and I sent him a PM and posted on here.:thumbup: I also keep a book on who RAK's me and w/what.

Diana Lynne 03-12-2012 05:16 AM

I love both and color does not matter to me :)..Diana

Originally Posted by mscupid804 (Post 5046763)
RAKer's, are there any of you who like paisley and/or gingham fabric (does color matter)??