Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   RAK Thank You! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/rak-thank-you-t172506.html)

craftykk 03-12-2012 05:40 AM

RAKs going out!! I love love love putting these together!

Zip codes totalling 13 and 19!!

Fun Fun Fun! Enjoy!

onaemtnest 03-12-2012 09:04 AM

Thank-you hoppa!

2 Attachment(s)
Okay....for those that haven't 'heard' :0) I'm in the process of a personal challenge to make a Yo Yo coverlet...'coverlet' sounds small, but it's not. It's not technically a quilt as it's only one layer. This coverlet is for a queen size bed in our guest bedroom.

I'm making it with only pastel colored Yo Yo's....how many you may ask? I'm thinking it will be 6000, 1 3/4" I've challenged myself to make 1000 per month in the evenings when sitting in front of TV so far, since January 1st I'm on track of that challenge!

'HOPPA' has gifted (ahem RAK'd) me with three 1/2 yard pieces of perfectly blending fabrics. His note to me was so sweet I teared up....Thank-you Hoppa from the bottom of my heart.....Inserted below you will see 'some' of the Yo Yo's laid on Hoppa's fabrics, I only hope it shows how wonderful his fabric choices will blend ....Psst I think he snuck into my sewing room and raided the tote that has the all the completed Yo Yo's. :0)

This RAK that Louise started did exactly what she said it would do, brighten an otherwise common ordinary day. What a delightful surprise and welcomed thoughtful 'gift' from Hoppa!

When you look at the pictures the majority of the Yo Yo's are made with Fabric Traditions novelity Glitter Butterfly fabric, (which I've purchased from JaAnn's) it comes in multiple primary pastel backgrounds as in ~ pink, lavendar, green, and blue then the butterflies are multiple pastels which give the Yo's a rainbow effect. I'm getting 90 Yo's out of 1 yard of fabric in case you're still reading this.... :0) I've washed samples of this 'glittered fabric' to make sure they would retain their glitter and sure enough they do.

I'm keeping track of progress by placing 200 per 1 gallon zip lock back and I have to tell you, it is so pretty to see them all together in those bags.

My apologies to Melissa for the pink font colors in the text.... and the pinks in the Yo's :0) LOL
[ATTACH=CONFIG]319221[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]319222[/ATTACH]

Krystyna 03-12-2012 09:12 AM

Wow! That's a LOT of yoyo's! Several years ago I was at an estate sale and there were several large yoyo pieces for sale. The woman was asking a LOT of money for them. I passed, since I only buy at a steep discount, but now I fully understand why she was charging that much. Just beautiful.

mooretll 03-12-2012 11:17 AM

I received a great rak from Krystyna Sat. but was out of town. It had a lot of different size zippers in it and the most beautiful angel that she made in memory of my sister. Thank you so much! I will take a pic and post when hubby gets home the camera is in the car.

mscupid804 03-12-2012 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by onaemtnest (Post 5053385)
Okay....for those that haven't 'heard' :0) I'm in the process of a personal challenge to make a Yo Yo coverlet...'coverlet' sounds small, but it's not. It's not technically a quilt as it's only one layer. This coverlet is for a queen size bed in our guest bedroom.

I'm making it with only pastel colored Yo Yo's....how many you may ask? I'm thinking it will be 6000, 1 3/4" I've challenged myself to make 1000 per month in the evenings when sitting in front of TV so far, since January 1st I'm on track of that challenge!

'HOPPA' has gifted (ahem RAK'd) me with three 1/2 yard pieces of perfectly blending fabrics. His note to me was so sweet I teared up....Thank-you Hoppa from the bottom of my heart.....Inserted below you will see 'some' of the Yo Yo's laid on Hoppa's fabrics, I only hope it shows how wonderful his fabric choices will blend ....Psst I think he snuck into my sewing room and raided the tote that has the all the completed Yo Yo's. :0)

This RAK that Louise started did exactly what she said it would do, brighten an otherwise common ordinary day. What a delightful surprise and welcomed thoughtful 'gift' from Hoppa!

When you look at the pictures the majority of the Yo Yo's are made with Fabric Traditions novelity Glitter Butterfly fabric, (which I've purchased from JaAnn's) it comes in multiple primary pastel backgrounds as in ~ pink, lavendar, green, and blue then the butterflies are multiple pastels which give the Yo's a rainbow effect. I'm getting 90 Yo's out of 1 yard of fabric in case you're still reading this.... :0) I've washed samples of this 'glittered fabric' to make sure they would retain their glitter and sure enough they do.

I'm keeping track of progress by placing 200 per 1 gallon zip lock back and I have to tell you, it is so pretty to see them all together in those bags.

My apologies to Melissa for the pink font colors in the text.... and the pinks in the Yo's :0) LOL
[ATTACH=CONFIG]319221[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]319222[/ATTACH]

Those are beautiful!!!

mscupid804 03-12-2012 12:22 PM

2 more RAK's went out today, I wonder where they're going?????

Havplenty 03-12-2012 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by onaemtnest (Post 5053385)
.... the majority of the Yo Yo's are made with Fabric Traditions novelity Glitter Butterfly fabric.

onalee are you using other pastel fabrics also or are you sticking with your glitter fabric theme? keep up the good work as i am sure it will be a beautiful coverlet. those yo-yo's look like fun work.

barefoot quilter 03-12-2012 01:40 PM

thank you Krystyna for the R-A-C i recived from you i will use them with my next project.. she sent me a fabric stash mini book to use. love it...

wanda lou 03-12-2012 02:13 PM

Two RAK's went out today.

wanda lou 03-12-2012 02:15 PM

I have never made a yoyo those are so cool.