Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   RAK Thank You! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/rak-thank-you-t172506.html)

Krystyna 03-15-2012 03:24 PM

I don't see why not! Maybe you can put something cheerful on them.

Havplenty 03-15-2012 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by wanda lou (Post 5063289)
Krystyna would I be able to put a piece of fabric over the Happy B M I ?
Just wondering I often fill a few backpacks with school supplies at the start of each school year as a donation, These kids are not picky its usually all they get. But it would be nice if I could cover the words.
let me know.

thats nice that you have found some kids that are not picky, many are no matter how little they have. you can consider creating patches to use if the backpacks are made of fabric or hot glue some sort of patch if the packs are made of pleather.

3NorwichTerr 03-15-2012 04:46 PM

Krystyna -- I think I may owe you a thank you...but if I sound not sure here's why. My husband and I were walking in the house this evening and he said, "Did you see the envelope from the post office that was in a plastic bag and was empty? It was from someone in New York." The envelope has disappeared -- I even emptied the trash thinking maybe he threw it away. Any way...if you sent something my way the envelope made it, but the post office must have decided someone else needed a RAK. I just don't want you to think I would receive a package without a thank you.

Deby

3NorwichTerr 03-15-2012 04:52 PM

Maybe denim pockets would work? If that is a possibility, let me know. I cut up jeans for rag quilts and can't bring myself to throw away the pockets.

Deby

walk-n-roll 03-15-2012 06:43 PM

Thank you so much to MSCupid804. Today I received a RAK of Paisley fabric and scraps. The paisley fabric is so bright and cheerful I can't wait to come up with a project for it. My DGD will be thrilled with the scraps to add to her quilt. Thanks again

arizonagirl 03-15-2012 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Havplenty (Post 5062983)
okay i have question. i am doing some decluttering now. when i attend conferences i sometimes bring home with me some do-dads such as notebooks, pens, pencils, calculators, post its, clips, screen sweepers, etc. my question is: would any of you like/mind receiving such items?

i recently gave a hugh bag of stuff to one my doctor's office and they were in heaven. i though i had lightened my load until i just found some more stuff in a box and i would like to pass it along to others.

What are you kidding. I'm a junkie for those kind of things. I wouldn't mind getting any of them. I'll bet that there are a lot of others who would as well.

craftykk 03-15-2012 08:20 PM

I'd really like to see more of you sign up on the rak list. I know I sure have a lot of fun putting little surprises together :)

Also I'd like to see those who are on the rak list go on the yahoo group and give more info, some on the rak list haven't said any things they like.

craftykk 03-15-2012 08:21 PM

Hav-I love that kind of stuff!!

craftykk 03-15-2012 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 5057598)
CKK, I just love your enthusiasm! And I also love that you love what you do. That's what it's all about. And what a sweet baby in your icon!

Thank you, that's Holdyn, the little girl I take care of. Shes 2 now, I've had her since she was born. So she's like a grandchild really. I do home day care. I'm gettig TWO new babies this spring! I'm so excited!

As for the RAKs I really enjoy making things to share :) I wish more of you gals would sign up and more would say more about what you like (hint hit) lol.

Ps-- I sell that jewelry in my etsy shop and the quilt blocks are very popular.

craftykk 03-15-2012 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy (Post 5057984)
I was RAKED by craftykk today [ATTACH=CONFIG]319646[/ATTACH] thank you very much for the magnets, they look like quilts!

You're so welcome, Lori. I appreciate the work you do putting the secret pal together :)