Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Recommended Vacation Spot (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/recommended-vacation-spot-t259198.html)

Boston1954 01-06-2015 11:35 AM

I don't know about beaches, but if I had money and could go ANYWHERE. I would be in Boston. The history in that city is tremendous, and it is very close to Salem, and Cape Cod.

M cubed 01-06-2015 12:12 PM

If you want to be WARM - go to French Polynesia. It is summer there now and the lagoons and beaches are just like what you see in the movies - virtually empty of people. Great for photography, painting, lounging, getting tan, etc. Just came back (reluctantly). Not terribly expensive (even the air fare is reasonable if you book two months ahead). Exchange rate is not bad either. But, YOU CAN"T BEAT THE LUSH GREENERY, FLOWERS AND THE COLORS OF THE WATER! Besides, you get to go to Tahiti, Moorea, Bora Bora, and more.

M cubed 01-06-2015 12:13 PM

Forgot to add: There are fabric shops on Riatea and Tahiti.

lots2do 01-06-2015 04:59 PM

I recommend Honeymoon Island, Dunedin, Florida. There are four quilt shops in the area too!

vburr 01-06-2015 05:04 PM

Vacation

I love Melbourne Beach, FL. My husband and I bought a townhouse there. We have two children living there. Beautiful beach and not crowded. Easy to get there by flying in to Orlando and driving about an hour.

Originally Posted by smallstrips (Post 7034079)
I plan on having a personal vacation by the first quarter of the year. I am not a swimmer but enjoys the beach by just mere looking at it and of course,by doing some sketches although I have a lot to improve. Is there anyone who recently went on vacation by the shore? I do not usually rely on review sites instead on recommendations. Thanks

betty32084 01-06-2015 09:07 PM

totally agree with Coopah , St Augustine has so much to offer.The beautiful sunrises on the beach is breath taking. Friendliest people , also. I'm sure you'll feel very welcome everywhere you go.

quiltingcandy 01-06-2015 09:20 PM

I am very partial to San Diego for a vacation destination. And if you have the financial ability the Hotel Del Coronado is a wonderful place to stay. It is right on one of the most beautiful beaches. Not to mention that Coronado is a fun place to wander about and all the various attractions of San Diego is just a 15 minute driver over the Coronado Bridge.

Sandygirl 01-07-2015 04:40 PM

I vote Savannah, GA and Tybee Island. Been twice and LOVED it! Lots of history and architure to sketch. Sit along the Savannah river and watch the people and the ships. Love love this area. Ate you going alone? You should be fine!
sandy

QuiltingWillie 01-07-2015 05:05 PM

My wife & I love the Kittery, Maine area. You can go to Nubble light and enjoy the scenery. There is also the "Marginal Way" that you can walk and end up in an artist colony, that is very cool. There are scattered beaches up and down Hwy 1 that runs along the coastline. Truly an enchanting coastline and ocean frontage.

smallstrips 01-08-2015 03:47 PM

Thanks for all the recommendations. Hawaii seems to be interesting since beach is really my time. I will plan this trip really. But I will see a GP first, body has not been so well lately and I do not know what's with the GP's that I am nervous about seeing them.