Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Robin Williams Dead (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/robin-williams-dead-t251717.html)

lfstamper 08-11-2014 05:47 PM

What a tragic loss for everyone. His family must be devastated.

Mousie 08-11-2014 05:52 PM

he was the guy next door, your bag boy, your waiter, the doctor, Peter Pan,
...he was everybody and you knew him!
I have a hole in my heart :(

Mousie 08-11-2014 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by AllyStitches (Post 6841220)
I'm so sad about this-- it just happened too close to home, literally and figuratively. His home was very near where I live, and so he was a "local." I also have many artists in my family and know this struggle too well. And on top of it, my good friend's son died this morning. So I just feel sad. :-(

so sorry that this has really been an awful day for you. prayers for you, your family
and friends and Robin's family.

AngeliaNR 08-11-2014 06:08 PM

This makes me so sad.

Boston1954 08-11-2014 06:27 PM

It's a pity that some of the funniest people have the saddest lives. They make us laugh when they want to cry. He was just three years older than me.

Doggramma 08-11-2014 06:41 PM

So sad. It just goes to show that a lot of people struggle with their issues, no matter how famous or how much money someone has or doesn't have. He was incredibly talented and he'll be missed.

Sandygirl 08-12-2014 02:52 AM

Lots of sadness in the world. Loved Robin Williams. He made a choice. Others....not so much.

i rec'd a call yesterday from the DH of one of my best friends. She lost her battle with cancer. Was facing her third go round of chemo. (5 year battle ). Puts things in perspectiveve. She was 57. She wont be here to see her only child walk down the aisle. She got engaged as mom lay in a hospital bed. Her friends are also devastated.

rip Mork
sandy

Sandygirl 08-12-2014 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by Boston1954 (Post 6841285)
It's a pity that some of the funniest people have the saddest lives. They make us laugh when they want to cry. He was just three years older than me.

Laughter....is a mask at times.

quiltnut4ever 08-12-2014 03:10 AM

What a shock when I found out. Didn't know he was struggling with his own demons. RIP Robin Williams you will be missed.

Edie 08-12-2014 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by Sandygirl (Post 6841485)
Lots of sadness in the world. Loved Robin Williams. He made a choice. Others....not so much.

i rec'd a call yesterday from the DH of one of my best friends. She lost her battle with cancer. Was facing her third go round of chemo. (5 year battle ). Puts things in perspectiveve. She was 57. She wont be here to see her only child walk down the aisle. She got engaged as mom lay in a hospital bed. Her friends are also devastated.

rip Mork
sandy

People make their own choices. I am truly sorry for his family. I know too many people with cancer and other illnesses that are fighting with every ounce of strength that they have to live -- like my husband did. He did not live.
May God have mercy on Robin William's soul.