Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Robin Williams Dead (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/robin-williams-dead-t251717.html)

tessagin 08-12-2014 06:02 AM

Sending prayers from the gulf for all those who are fighting those inner demons that just will not leave one alone. Many comments from individuals who called him selfish. Many who take their own lives feel they are such a burden on their family because they see pain in the eyes of their loved ones who actually are just wanting to help relieve them of the burden. RIP Robin Williams and all who have been down that ugly road of depression.

DDuMouchel 08-12-2014 06:21 AM

Sooo sad. I remember when he first appeared in "Mork and Mindy" and being fascinated because I had never seen a comic with such talent before. And who can forget "Good Morning Vietnam" and "Mrs. Doubtfire"? Such incredible talent ... he will be deeply missed.

mrs. fitz 08-12-2014 07:25 AM

Both Robin Williams and his idol, Jonathan Winters, suffered from mental illness and depression. So sad. Both of these comic geniuses will live on thru their work.

Iraxy 08-12-2014 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingcandy (Post 6841225)
Praying that he is now at peace and praying for his family. They must be more than devastated.

Ditto in every respect.

leatheflea 08-12-2014 08:25 AM

I've been watching the news this morning and no one has mentioned that Robin Williams made a movie in the 90's, What Dreams may Come, that was about depression and suicide after the loss of a loved one. It was a box office failure and quite an odd side of Robin. But I wonder if maybe it was a look inside his mind?

Lori S 08-12-2014 08:53 AM

I will treasure the many movies and comedy skits he made and recorded. He was so profoundly talented. He left his mark on all who saw his work.

Realtorlin 08-12-2014 09:15 AM

Robin Williams

We never know what sadness lies behind a smiling face. So so sad that this happened to someone who was loved so much everywhere. He will be missed...sending prayers to his family.

ManiacQuilter2 08-12-2014 12:14 PM

There are other comics who have become successful at acting but I think that for this century, he may be the most talented comedian. Nobody can ever replace his gift for ad-libing especially script lines. I will probably cry and laugh at the same time when I see the next sequel of Night in the Museum. Since everyone calls their phones smart, I call my DUMB DUMB.

May the Genie finally be FREE !!

Cogito 08-12-2014 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Edie (Post 6841523)
People make their own choices. I am truly sorry for his family. I know too many people with cancer and other illnesses that are fighting with every ounce of strength that they have to live -- like my husband did. He did not live.
May God have mercy on Robin William's soul.

i am truly hoping I have misinterpreted your message here. Depression is an ILLNESS. The same as cancer. When the brain is not functioning correctly sometimes it is NOT a choice. Please educate yourself before you make these type of statements.
Bless you poor Robin. :(

luce321 08-12-2014 02:37 PM

Robin Williams was a comic genius and was multi-talented. He always made me laugh. My prayers go out to his family at this most difficult time.