Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Some things you just have to laugh at....afterward you calm down. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/some-things-you-just-have-laugh-afterward-you-calm-down-t46453.html)

littlehud 05-20-2010 06:25 AM

Oh honey, after I stop laughing I'll give you a hug. I thought only I had days like that.

Mousie 05-20-2010 07:50 AM

hugs! I got sick after eating pineapple ice cream once as a kid, and can't deal with it.
I once dropped a three pound bowl of softened margarine and it shot straight up and splattered the ceiling and made a grease stain...nothing to compare to your mayo fiasco!
i started to smile about hubby thinking someone broke in to make a sandwhich and dropped and ran...I might have went with that for just a bit ;)
More and more lately, no matter what happens, as I sit and moan to myself, or even cry, I think,...this will pass...doggone it, I can't even waller and enjoy my misery too long, bc it will pass.
it's good for things to pass, but occassionally...mama just wants to be mad for a while...quiet, but mad.
Thanks for sharing. It does help to hear that as much as I wouldn't wish these things on anybody, I am not alone :wink:

bearisgray 05-20-2010 07:54 AM

To quote my dear departed mom -

"Sometimes it's the sand in one's shoes that gets one down - "

meaning the comparatively trivial annoyances can really get one's grundies in a bunch!

Marjpf 05-20-2010 08:26 AM

What a couple of no good, very bad days. Though I am curious, why would your DH think someone had broken in and was making a sandwich? In years to come (quite a few years from now I think) these events will be really funny to you, too. For now, fume away. You've earned it.

Deb watkins 05-20-2010 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Marjpf
What a couple of no good, very bad days. Though I am curious, why would your DH think someone had broken in and was making a sandwich? In years to come (quite a few years from now I think) these events will be really funny to you, too. For now, fume away. You've earned it.

That was the only reason he could think as to why the mayo was all over the place and not cleaned up.

Deb watkins 05-20-2010 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by littlehud
Oh honey, after I stop laughing I'll give you a hug. I thought only I had days like that.

I am starting to laugh about it now....time does have a way of changing the perspective.

amma 05-20-2010 03:01 PM

(((HUGS))) I can sympathize and empathize with you (((HUGS)))
Glad that you are starting to see the humor in it all... sometimes it just boils down to "am I going to laugh or cry about it?" :wink: :D:D:D

MadQuilter 05-20-2010 05:29 PM

You are a great story teller. I am laughing out loud - not the lol kind - the guffah kind. ALl that was missing were the sound effects. How does runny jello sound when it hits the back of your seat?

Pat helped me make whipped cream for an orange cake a while back. Apparently he was not aware of the biochemical change from cream to butter. And I did not realize it until the orange juice got added. I can tell you the sound I made when the curdled cream hit the cabinets, the curtains, the wall...... well you'll have to imagine it because I can't print it. teehehe - now I laugh about it.

Pzazz 05-20-2010 05:58 PM

Oh my....you have had quite the time!! Reading about the jello, I was reliving a similar incident we had. Middle of winter, I mixed up the dry and liquids for a HUGE batch of muffins to take to church. Thinking to mix and bake at the church so they would be fresh and hot to eat, hubby says has it covered...everything is in the van and ready to go. Of course, silly me, I assumed he would cover the containers. Nope. No such luck. :( And yes, just like your jello, the eggs, pumpkin, oil, milk, all ended up down the back of the driver seat and over the floor. At 40° below, it all froze and couldn't be cleaned until spring thaw!!!

And yes, we now laugh about it.

Patti

Deb watkins 05-20-2010 06:08 PM

[quote=Pzazz]Oh my....you have had quite the time!! Reading about the jello, I was reliving a similar incident we had. Middle of winter, I mixed up the dry and liquids for a HUGE batch of muffins to take to church. Thinking to mix and bake at the church so they would be fresh and hot to eat, hubby says has it covered...everything is in the van and ready to go. Of course, silly me, I assumed he would cover the containers. Nope. No such luck. :( And yes, just like your jello, the eggs, pumpkin, oil, milk, all ended up down the back of the driver seat and over the floor. At 40° below, it all froze and couldn't be cleaned until spring thaw!!!

I notice that you and I say 'hubby' not 'dear' hubby....I can only imagine the smell of eggs and milk and oil when it started to thaw.