Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Succesful Dieting (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/succesful-dieting-t34186.html)

#1piecemaker 01-17-2010 03:23 PM

I bought several of the walking CD's a while back to share with my quilting group. We have all be weighing in and exercising together. I have a couple left if anyone wants them. I'll take 5.00 plus a dollar for postage. Just PM me if interested. They are Lesllie Sansone's "Walk the pounds Away."

#1piecemaker 01-17-2010 03:28 PM

You're right Charlee. If I need a little extra..... Veggies are the way to go. There are a few of them like corn and carrots that you've gotta watch but you know that already. I like pickles too. Since my DH was doing the thing too it made it a lot easier. If my helpings began to grow, he would point it out and vice versa. We had fun. Looks like we are headed for more fun too cause he's gotta get back in tune too. Also EXERCISE and I agree, the green tea seems to help. I use decaf hot green tea with Truvia.

Mrs. Mel 01-17-2010 03:37 PM

Well, I heard a lot of good things about this walking video; in fact my Mom started doing them. I figure if a 61 yr old can handle it, then a 43 year old can handle it too. So, I went out and bought one last night. (Walk Away the Pounds for your Week) Thankfully I will be able to start slowly. :-)

Olivia's Grammy 01-17-2010 03:41 PM

I drink tea, any and all kinds, mostly hot. What does the green tea do?

#1piecemaker 01-17-2010 03:45 PM

The green tea is supposed to help burn off the belly fat. I think it helped too because my stomach was a little flatter then. Or cold have been cause it was a lot emptier. :lol:

Olivia's Grammy 01-17-2010 03:46 PM

How much green tea do I need to drink to flatten the tummy? Right now that's where my extra weight wants to hang out.

Charlee 01-17-2010 04:06 PM

Green tea is supposed to boost metabolism. A cup or two a day should do it. :) The belly fat that it's supposed to reduce is the deep fat that lays along your spinal cord, not the stuff that stick out front...darnit! :lol: I could sure use that!
Other metabolism boosters are hot peppers!

Charlee 01-17-2010 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Mrs. Mel
Well, I heard a lot of good things about this walking video; in fact my Mom started doing them. I figure if a 61 yr old can handle it, then a 43 year old can handle it too. So, I went out and bought one last night. (Walk Away the Pounds for your Week) Thankfully I will be able to start slowly. :-)

They actually are neat dvds! Of course, when I first started, like I said, I was convinced that they were a conspiracy to kill fat people...the first day, after ONE mile, I was sweating, I was panting, and I crawled to the shower with a few rest stops! Remember tho, that I weighed 300 lbs! It got easier...and Leslie, altho in the first weeks I wanted to kill her, perky lil darling that she is, is actually a great coach... ;)
So...at 53, and 300lbs, complete with arthritis, if I can get thru them, you betcha you can too! :)

Mrs. Mel 01-17-2010 05:19 PM

Thanks Charlee. I am challenged by your success story. Would love to see a before and after pic. :-D

#1piecemaker 01-18-2010 05:40 AM

You are to be commended Charlee. Sticking to the program is THE secret to any diet or lifestyle change. It takes a lot of determination and will power. Let's face it, it is hard. But, obviously you have the Power! Hang in there girl and good luck to the rest of us who are getting on the bandwagon. Oh yea, one or two cups of the green tea a day is enough. I need my metabolism jumpstarted. I need to get off my rear. All you gals keep us posted with how you are doing. Also, what do you girls put in your cabbage soup?