Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Succesful Dieting (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/succesful-dieting-t34186.html)

Pzazz 01-18-2010 09:07 AM

This is such a great thread!!!! I also lost 75 pounds of post baby weight, (first 40 on my own with portioning, last 35 with Nutra System)....kept it off for 6 yrs until I was in a fairly major car accident. I was no longer able to go to the gym...had been going 3 times a week. I gained back about 35. :( All the gals where I now work want to lose varying amts, so we are keeping each other honest. ;) No one has to give numbers if they don't want to, but it is nice to have the support. Our check-in day is Monday, so that helps to keep us honest over the weekend. hehehe I am down 15, still want/need to lose another 15-20.

Before I went back to work full time, I was going to excersise classes at the pool 4 days a week. Wrong time of day to allow me to do that now...with my arthrits, I found it to be the best place for me. Before C'mas, I got cortizone shots in both hips. Before that, the hallway from the the boardroom to the front office at work seemed like AT LEAST a mile long. Now that the shots have kicked in, I make that my daily excersize...as many times as I can during the day up and down that hallway!!!

Another freebie...many shopping malls offer mall walking...before the stores open, so only the walkers inside...and because it is inside, it doesn't matter what the weather is doing.

DH made an observation last evening at dinner....25-30 yrs ago, dinner plates were 10"...now they are 12". So...find a smaller plate and as someone said here, you will trick your eyes into thinking you have much more food. :)

Sending support hugs to everyone on here that is struggling with either trying to lose, or on the flip side, those that find it difficult to keep the weight on!!!!

Patti

grammy Dwynn 01-18-2010 11:57 AM

I also need to loss weight!! Reading everyone's post is great motivation.

Okay I'm starting today!!!

Lneal 01-18-2010 05:38 PM

Well, I threw out the cabbage soup diet! My daughter and I started together on a sensible weight loss program. We are counting calories, exercising, and keeping a journal of both. It's feeling good to eat right and get in shape. Thanks for all the helpful info and inspiration!! You girls can be counted on again.

Mrs. Mel 01-18-2010 07:03 PM

Lneal, what happened to the carrots?

Lneal 01-18-2010 07:07 PM

Did you like them better? I guess I'm partial to sweets so I found angel food cake with fruit. Keeps it legal while I'm watching my calories!! LOL!! Those carrots looked tasteless to me.

Jim's Gem 01-19-2010 05:27 PM

Your angel food is making me hungry for something sweet!!!

I am going to a "First Place for Health" meeting tonight. It incorporates faith, with a Bible study and nutrition. I attended this fall was not real good at getting my homework done or memorizing the weekly Bible verses. I hope to do better this spring!!

Had 2 cups of Hot green tea this afternoon. Still don't like the stuff. This was even really good loose leaf tea my DD and I picked up at a specialty Tea shop. Maybe I will get used to it. If it will help speed my metabolism up, I supposed I could maybe learn to at least tolerate it!

Charlee 01-19-2010 09:34 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Ok Ladies...remember when you have to wear sunglasses and put drops into your aching eyes, that you asked for these! ;)

Christmas 2008
[ATTACH=CONFIG]931[/ATTACH]

April 2009
[ATTACH=CONFIG]958[/ATTACH]

January 2010
[ATTACH=CONFIG]2760[/ATTACH]

January 2009
[ATTACH=CONFIG]2907[/ATTACH]

Charlee 01-19-2010 10:48 PM

Lneal...that fruit and cake looks WONDERFUL!!

Might have to make some for desert tomorrow!

Lneal 01-20-2010 02:30 AM

Charlee you look absolutely stunning!!!! Now we all are inspired by your success!! Pictures and stories like yours and others continue to motivate the rest of us to reach our goals, and have faith in our own abilities. Thanks for sharing. Anyone else?

Mrs. Mel 01-20-2010 03:49 AM

Wowzers!!!! You DO look fantastic Charlee! I bet clothes shopping isn't the pain it used to be.

I am really loving the walk at home video; I have been doing a one mile walk in the morning and evening. Too early to see any change yet; but I am hopeful.

Thanks for uploading the pics. It really does encourage.