Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Succesful Dieting (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/succesful-dieting-t34186.html)

Charlee 01-20-2010 09:50 AM

(IMO) You set your own goal weight Carol...your ideal weight would be your doctor's idea of things...and if your doctor is realistic, that ideal weight will increase with age. Not a lot, but it will be higher than your ideal weight at say, 25 years old!

sew_lulu 01-20-2010 10:22 AM

Charlee,
You look amazing! You've truely inspire me!

Jim's Gem 01-20-2010 05:11 PM

Charlee, you look terrific!!! I'm at about where you were, only I wear a 22 pant size.
I dream of the day when I can wear "normal" sizes. I would love to lose at least 110 to 140 lbs.
The moving around is tough right now. My knees hurt. I know I have to.
I'm praying that being involved in the "First Place" group will help me to focus on eating better.

vjengels 01-21-2010 05:14 AM

Yes, a 'goal weight' is subjective; my goal is a weight I feel great at , and is attainable, AND maintainable. It certainly isn't the number Weight Watchers indescriminately decided I should be at... (120) REALLY?!... the last time I was there, I was there I lived on a diet of alcohol and cigarettes! For me, Lean body Mass , cholesterol levels, and what I'm able to accomplish physically are true indicators of my health. I wish everyone Great fortitude, that's begining a lifestyle change, because it is difficult to change the way we take care of ourselves, but it's not impossible, don't give up, set small attainable goals , and keep going forward!

bebe 01-21-2010 08:36 AM

Use a food journal write down what you eat even if it is a piece of gum. put the times in. Do not consume more that 1800 calories and each week cut 100 calories until you can go down to 1400 or 1500 calories per day. divide your eatting into 3 meals and 2 snack. Snacks no more than 100 calories in total. Eat a snack 2 hours after your breakfast and 2 hours after lunch.
If you like dessert w/ dinner eat a jello w a tsp of cool whip, ricotta cheese (1/2 cuo with vanillla, almond extract or choclate chips 2 tsp w/ splenda 2 sweeten. A plum has 30 calories, kiwi and so on.

Snacks I eat are mozz. cheese sticks,laughing cow cheese w/ celery, med. apple w/ 8 almonds, tangerine w/ almonds, pear w/ laughing cow cheese, a smoothie watch calories, apple w/ natural peanut butter 1 tbsp and so on.

Journal your food intake thoughts and so on. Even if you overeat that day still right it down. you learn things about yourself and what causes you to eat.

If you plan to eat out make breakfast and snacks smaller but do not skip the meal. Do not consume more than 700 calories on an eat out meal. Remember you are trying to stay w/in 1500 for the day. Each meal Breakfast , lunch and dinner should be as clase as possible to 400 calories each leaving 300 calories for snack. So cut your intake at each meal and snacks and save your calories. the key to lossing weight is eat and keep hydrated.
Drink water amount 1/2 of your total weight now, so if you weigh 200 pounds right now you need to consume at the least 100 ounces of water (not soda, tea or any other drink) flavored drinks not included. Drink ice water helps helps rev up metabolism. Hot green tea also revs up your metabolism.

Just a few tricks I am using to loose weight :-D

Charlee 01-21-2010 11:16 AM

You're so right on the water intake Bebe! Often, thirst is mistaken for hunger. If your belly is grumbling, try a drink of water first. I don't drink 100 ounces per day...I do drink at least 64 tho!

QuiltMania 01-21-2010 05:10 PM

Charlee, you look great! Keep up the good work. You all are so motivating. I will publicly announce my goal now and hopefully you can all keep me on track. I want to be size 8 by July. I'm a 14 now so I think it is do-able.

Lneal 01-21-2010 07:09 PM

Well I will give my report now. I've lost 2lbs this week!! Doesn't sound like much, but I've been eating healthy and exercising!! Anyway I am on my road to Success!!

Charlee 01-21-2010 07:34 PM

YEA Lneal!!!!!!!!!! ~shaking pompoms~ That's the way to do it...

What did you do this week to lose the 2 lbs? (and that's more than enough to lose for one week!) What kind of exercise? Lots of vegies?

I know someone else told me that she's lost some this week too! :D

Lneal 01-21-2010 07:47 PM

I exercised on a mini trampoline, and counted my calories daily. I kept track of everything on the caloriecount.com you suggested. I love that site because I can keep track of my calories easier and see my burn meter ticking away. I know how I'm doing and then I can look up my foods. Many other features I love about that site!!