Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Take 10-12 Lbs hamburger... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/take-10-12-lbs-hamburger-t111735.html)

ssgramma 03-29-2011 08:11 AM

2 Attachment(s)
and a little bit of work turn it into 8 meatloafs for us and 6 muffin cup meatloafs for MIL :-)

I hate the hands in the goop part so I make a lot at once to get it over with. Mine are baking now and will go to the freezer except for tonights. I won't have to play in the goop for a while!

sueisallaboutquilts 03-29-2011 08:12 AM

You're a regular Betty Crocker!!! Good job!!!!!! :D:D

KimmieH 03-29-2011 08:12 AM

thatsallottameatlof!

have a good recepie to share? mine always taste terrible ;)

Kim

Originally Posted by ssgramma
and a little bit of work turn it into 8 meatloafs for us and 6 muffin cup meatloafs for MIL :-)

I hate the hands in the goop part so I make a lot at once to get it over with. Mine are baking now and will go to the freezer except for tonights. I won't have to play in the goop for a while!

AgapeStitches 03-29-2011 08:13 AM

looks good from here....bet it smells good too.

redturtle 03-29-2011 08:16 AM

lol...great job!!

i cant stand the goop either...so i cheat by using disposable plastic/latex gloves...

altho when i make meatballs...i go hog wild and start with a 5# pkg of ground chuck which turns into about 60+ golf-ballsized bites of delish..lol

ssgramma 03-29-2011 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by KimmieH
thatsallottameatlof!

have a good recepie to share? mine always taste terrible ;)

Kim

Originally Posted by ssgramma

They are a bit different each time :-) Today's was 2 lg onion and 2 lg bell pepper (1 red/1 green), 4 eggs, 4 c Italian bread crumbs, 1 jar Ragu, about 1 teaspoon each of Italian seasoning, salt, Mrs. Dash, Emeril's Essence, garlic powder and about 11 lbs of hamburger.

I usually under salt for DH and don't pepper (Dash) until I get MIL's out as she doesn't like pepper.

Last batch was too watery with too many veg and had to get baked a while to be good instead of being able to microwave. But it still tasted good once you toasted it up a bit :-)

ssgramma 03-29-2011 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by redturtle
lol...great job!!

i cant stand the goop either...so i cheat by using disposable plastic/latex gloves...

altho when i make meatballs...i go hog wild and start with a 5# pkg of ground chuck which turns into about 60+ golf-ballsized bites of delish..lol

Great idea with the gloves - DUH!

My meatloaf is Italian so - almost meatballs :-)

Suzannew 03-29-2011 08:27 AM

Yum, that's what we are having for dinner tonight. Just one loaf though.

Rhonda 03-29-2011 08:29 AM

I let my grandson do the mixing one time. He shaped it to look like a robot and we had it on a cookie tray. Definately unique! LOL He had fun with it!

AngieS 03-29-2011 08:31 AM

Do you cook them all up before freezing? I like to make up (uncooked) meatloaf,(uncooked) burgers,(uncooked) meatballs, taco meat, chili, things like that so that it's easy to just pull out of the freezer and use it. :)