Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What does your Member name mean? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-does-your-member-name-mean-t307133.html)

Notwendy 10-04-2019 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by coopah (Post 8307320)
Mine is from my Mini Cooper S. When I bought it, my parents in stereo, said, "Oh, a Coopah." It was funny, because they were always so serious about things. So that name just seemed like a good one to use.

Are they by chance from Boston or some other Massachusetts hamlet? I once received a voicemail thanking me for a cod. : )

At first I couldn’t recall sending anyone a fish, as that would appear sinister. Then I remembered I’d sent an e-card to a colleague in our Boston office.

coopah 10-06-2019 09:04 AM

Notwendy, too funny about your name. I have had a strong dislike of a couple of relatives during my life. When I've met another person by the name of the relative...it gets changed in my brain to a different name! Strange!

To answer the Coopah question: my parents were both from NW PA. They were hardworkers and frugal. I was hesitant to tell them I'd bought a Cooper (at age 59). So their response tickled me. It's a good memory of them.

costumegirl 10-06-2019 11:35 AM

This has been a very interesting thread!! Thanks for starting AnngelAnne!! It is great to get to know a little about some of our many members that we see posting and chit chat with in the discussions!

When I joined the board I was working full time as a teacher in high school & sewing & quilting for fun. As a hobby/part time job, I worked for three community theater groups and for two university theater departments in the costume/wardrobe departments. When I retired from teaching it became my full time job.

I learned a lot from the many professionals that I worked with and loved doing it. Although it could be stressful at times especially when a deadline was getting close and we had many costumes to complete for a big production or when some of the theatrical productions were very intricate. It was lots of fun working with the different personalities and trying my hand at making many different styles of garments and props.

Many times I would get home late after a long sewing day or a performance and just chill out by reading the interesting topics here on QB. This group was a "calm" place for me to come to - to spark my creativity and my personal projects.

LilaKay 10-08-2019 03:17 AM

My first and middle name is Lila Kathryn....my mom shortened it to LilaKay....when I heard I heard her say it that way I knew I had better get a move on!!!!

PiedPiper 10-09-2019 09:42 AM

My screen name comes from the fact that I spent several years playing bagpipes in a couple of different pipe bands. Good times, fun hobby, and I miss it a lot, but homeschooling kiddos doesn't leave a lot of time for piping. :)
And I added the "Pied" because just plain "Piper" was taken. ;)

HettyB 10-10-2019 10:53 AM

Hetty was my cat. Her full name was Hetty Boots hence HettyB

She was a prim little cat that used to always curl up next to me on the sofa, wanted to be carried around like a baby while drooling down my shirt! (not so ladylike!). Still miss her along with Lily Cat, Kitty, Jack the Cat and of course Sheba Dog.

SusieQOH 10-10-2019 06:01 PM

HettyB- I hear you. I still have dreams about my beloved pets throughout my life. It feels good to "visit" with them :)

sewingsuz 10-10-2019 09:52 PM

I call my self Suz alot of times so my name is sewingsuz. My given name is Suzanne.

ILoveToQuilt 10-14-2019 12:22 PM

I Love To Quilt....'nuff said. LOL

ILoveToQuilt 10-14-2019 12:34 PM

ka9sdn....N1UOW here! Just wanted to say hello.