Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What does your Member name mean? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-does-your-member-name-mean-t307133.html)

Mousie 10-16-2019 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH (Post 8311936)
HettyB- I hear you. I still have dreams about my beloved pets throughout my life. It feels good to "visit" with them :)

my pets have always been family to me and after my Bitsy died I didn't get
another dog till just recently. I got a puppy half chihuahua, 1/4 jack russel
and 1/4 poodle.
My dgd says Gypsy is a Jackapoochi :D.

bearisgray 10-16-2019 11:54 AM

bear is gray - when I joined the QB, I had not thought of a screen name -

Bear was a shaggy-haired cat with blue gray fur - I still miss him

He was a stray - and his tail was loaded with burs - and he did not mind (too much) having them brushed out. He was not skittery when I let him in. I have no idea where he came from - because he was an adult when I met him.

I started calling him Blueberry because of his color, and then he was Boo-Boo for a while (DH was not as fond of him as I was), and then he ended up being called Bear.

When he was held, he would turn himself so that he would be held like a baby - with his back against my arms and his tummy up.

Mousie 10-16-2019 03:24 PM

that sounds like the sweetest kitty! :)

SusieQOH 10-18-2019 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray (Post 8314193)
bear is gray - when I joined the QB, I had not thought of a screen name -

Bear was a shaggy-haired cat with blue gray fur - I still miss him

He was a stray - and his tail was loaded with burs - and he did not mind (too much) having them brushed out. He was not skittery when I let him in. I have no idea where he came from - because he was an adult when I met him.

I started calling him Blueberry because of his color, and then he was Boo-Boo for a while (DH was not as fond of him as I was), and then he ended up being called Bear.

When he was held, he would turn himself so that he would be held like a baby - with his back against my arms and his tummy up.

My avatar is Boo Boo!!!
Actually her name was Mabel Ann (my son named her haha) but it eventually became Boo Boo. She was the sweetest cat I think we ever had. Oh how I miss her!!!

Blueridgebeverly 10-18-2019 06:17 AM

Bearisgray.......our first family pet was also a pretty little gray cat. Because of her color we called her Bluebells. My cousins (all under 7 at this time) always remembered her name had something to do with her color.....but couldn’t remember bluebells...they forever called her Rootbeer. LOL. Love pet names. Esp. enjoy how pet names morph. We took in a friend’s barn cat they named City Cat (as in, “that city cat can’t hold her own with the country cats.”). We started with City Cat, but it eventually turned into Sister City (as in, “Conan, stop beating up on your sister City.”). We currently have a stray sassy calico. When we first took her in with hopes of finding her a good home, she had to be confined to the sun room porch because Sister City and Elvis would not tolerate her. She became Porsche (as in, “Has anyone fed the porch cat”?).

bearisgray 10-18-2019 06:22 AM

I sometimes refer to DH as "Papa Bear" - so that would make me "Mama Bear" - and my hair is fading color. I wish it was turning a pretty gray - but I try to think of the streaks as "distinctive:.

I like being called "bear". I actually prefer it to my "real" names.

Notwendy 10-18-2019 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray (Post 8314876)
I sometimes refer to DH as "Papa Bear" - so that would make me "Mama Bear" - and my hair is fading color. I wish it was turning a pretty gray - but I try to think of the streaks as "distinctive:.

bearisgray could be bearislavender! Seriously - the purple looks fab with brown hair.

My hair is going white/gray in streaks (I'm 53 in Dec) and a college friend recommended a semi-permanent color (fades in a few weeks) that takes about 10-20 minutes. I chose purple and really liked it with my dark brown hair. It faded to lavender in a few washings. I give it a boost every few weeks with a shampoo of the same color (3-5 minutes).

I pick it up at Ulta or Sally's but some big box stores probably carry it as well - Punky Color 3-1 Shampoo Conditioner for a little boost between colorings. Arctic Fox (smells like grapes!) or Overtone for a month long color. All are vegan, not tested on animals, and non-toxic.

They have every color you could imagine - you could change monthly and be bearisrainbow. : )

Mousie 10-18-2019 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray (Post 8314876)

as quilters and being online I think a lot of us really like our avatar names.
I certainly do. Mousie is cute and sweet and likes to have fun.
No chores, just sewing and visiting with other board members...all good
:thumbup:

Mousie 10-18-2019 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by Notwendy (Post 8314947)
bearisgray could be bearislavender! Seriously - the purple looks fab with brown hair.

My hair is going white/gray in streaks (I'm 53 in Dec) and a college friend recommended a semi-permanent color (fades in a few weeks) that takes about 10-20 minutes. I chose purple and really liked it with my dark brown hair. It faded to lavender in a few washings. I give it a boost every few weeks with a shampoo of the same color (3-5 minutes).

I pick it up at Ulta or Sally's but some big box stores probably carry it as well - Punky Color 3-1 Shampoo Conditioner for a little boost between colorings. Arctic Fox (smells like grapes!) or Overtone for a month long color. All are vegan, not tested on animals, and non-toxic.

They have every color you could imagine - you could change monthly and be bearisrainbow. : )

do you think this stuff would work on platinum gray?
I've actually had a lot of compliments on the color of my
'natural' hair but I wouldn't mind a change once in a while.

mike'sgirl 10-27-2019 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Watson (Post 8306671)
Mine is the name of my horse, Watson! And, now I have the perfect excuse to show off a picture of him.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]617874[/ATTACH]
Watson

And he is gorgeous!