Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What's your remedy for athletes foot? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/whats-your-remedy-athletes-foot-t122325.html)

Ramona Byrd 05-11-2011 06:54 PM

One question I've forgotten to ask anyone, is that I've wondered if folks with athletes foot also has some form of yeast overgrowth.

So that would probably mean Nystatin, which I took a long time ago to kill off a lot of yeast.

Anyone had experiences with yeast and then noticed if their athletes foot went away?

Do you think it is another form of Candida Albicans?

canmitch1971 05-11-2011 07:03 PM

Absorbine Jr

mhollifiel 05-11-2011 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by ladyredhawk
My son's feet were so bad, I took and added alittle bleach, (this will burn raw feet so add just a little the first time) then slowly add more till he can stand it this will stop the iching. and put him in white cotton socks. Soak everyday and it will kill all his problems. You will also have to bleach the tub and shower and if he uses public showers get him a pair of flip- flops or he will keep getting it when you stop the bleach baths. my sons quit.

I got this from the YMCA and my wonderful doctor prescribed clorox foot baths. Dilute the Clorox and soak for about a minute on both feet. I did it in the shower while bathing. Worked like a charm!

watterstide 05-12-2011 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by ckcowl
a dr's appointment is how you deal with athlete's foot- there are lots of over the counter products out there that will treat the symptoms but if you want to actually get rid of it go to the dr and get medication that makes it go away.

exactly, if you don't, under the nails..will get infected, and harder to get rid of. they (the nails) will thicken...

plus the other things mentioned. white socks,dry feet..wearing shower shoes.

jitkaau 05-12-2011 03:25 AM

Any broad spectrum anti - fungal cream. Don't share towels, change socks often and keep feet dry.

Nolee 05-12-2011 03:45 AM

Tea Tree Oil is one of the natural remedies for athlete's foot.

nana4baj 05-12-2011 03:46 AM

My husband had Jungle Rot they called it from Viet Nam. His feet smelled so bad, you couldn't stand next to him............Well we went to a foot dr about 35 years ago and they told him to brush CLOSE UP TOOTHPASTE ( rinse off) ON his feet every nite, I can't remember how long it took, maybe 2 weeks, but he has never had the smell again............Thanks God

Originally Posted by Lneal
Please share as my son is in need of some help with his athletes foot.What works?

:thumbup:

Krystyna 05-12-2011 03:49 AM

Tea tree oil ... or keep a slice of fresh garlic in each shoe everyday. Both stink, in different ways, but they work!

east side quilter 05-12-2011 03:51 AM

water and bleach. worked for my husbandyears ago.

michelehuston 05-12-2011 04:27 AM

I just saw on tv somewhere that for athletes foot make a solution of warm water and salt and that the saline water is incompatiple with the fungus. I think it was about a 1/2 cup of salt to a gallon of water and soak for 10 minutes dily.