Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Would you get a quilt tattoo? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/would-you-get-quilt-tattoo-t144171.html)

mollymct 08-10-2011 06:57 PM

No, not for me. I've had a kind of secret urge to get one occasionally and enjoy thinking how shocking it would be to my friends and family! But, just knowing myself, I'd be regretting my choice in a few years and would be stuck with it. I also just don't think I could finish it after I felt pain! I'm a wimp.

blueangel 08-10-2011 08:17 PM

Tatoos are not for older people.

mmonohon 08-10-2011 08:23 PM

Absolutely!

auntpiggylpn 08-10-2011 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by blueangel
Tatoos are not for older people.

Didn't know there was an age limit!!!!

:D

MsMel 08-10-2011 08:32 PM

I have three tattoos and each is symbolic of a event in my life, except for my tinkerbell tattoo :) that is just fun, I have a breast cancer ribbon on my left foot that says "Faith, Hope, and Love" done a week post lumpectomy last year, and two dragonflys on an ankle symbolizing my two daughters. I have been looking for something to symbolize my grandson, and I really like the idea of a small quilt block to symbolize each one as they come along....just wonder if I did it if I would get a full quilt :)...and if I did where would I put it...lol

catrancher 08-10-2011 11:58 PM

I would never get a tattoo of any kind. That's not a judgment against anyone who has one . . . just my personal preference. Your skin will eventually sag. Even sharp ink eventually blurs. I knew someone who turned out to be allergic to the ink and his tattoo itched all the time. Tattoos are permanent. Yes, there are removal techniques, but they leave scars. Do you really want to look at the same thing for the rest of your life? No thanks.

Lv2sew2011 08-11-2011 12:00 AM

I have a small hummingbird on my shoulder and that's it for me, getting to old to get any more...

Donna H-M 08-11-2011 02:25 AM

I have 4 (54 yr old) and don't even think about "wow, I wonder what they will look like when I get old". It is what it is!! I don't want my face to look like a road map and I see first hand the age related problems my elderly parents have. Most people's tats have a special and personal meaning to them...."Tattoos are not just skin deep". I got one when I was 18 and the rest when I was 43, had a life changing event. Also in NJ they are not an issue for donating blood. My favorite saying is "that's why they make vanilla and chocolate".....to each their own.

jljquilter 08-11-2011 03:29 AM

Just wondering, If all are proud of their tattoos why are most placed where they can't be seen?

Vat 08-11-2011 03:32 AM

No. never. The Bible talks about not doing such things to our bodies. So it would be wrong and a sin for me.