Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Would you get a quilt tattoo? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/would-you-get-quilt-tattoo-t144171.html)

Donna H-M 08-11-2011 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by jljquilter
Just wondering, If all are proud of their tattoos why are most placed where they can't be seen?

Sometimes they are personal, just for yourself not a show piece.

GladGrams 08-11-2011 03:52 AM

Definitely no as in never! :thumbdown:

QuiltswithConvicts 08-11-2011 03:56 AM

Nope! Too permanent! Had a henna one once - lasted 3 1/2 weeks. Was tired of it after 2 weeks! :-)

jeank 08-11-2011 03:58 AM

I do not have a tat, but don't care if others do.

Two of my daughters and their husbands have several. The girls work in professional positions and their work clothes cover them. They show when they wear casual dress.

The only ones that I disapprove of are those young people that put them on necks and faces. I want them to hold responsible jobs in the future and not sure they would pass the HR interview.

I do want people in MI to get tats from my son-in-law and feed his family. LOL He is a very Christian man, but loves his art of tattoos. He runs a very clean shop with no flash, all custom art.

Jean

riaj63 08-11-2011 04:07 AM

I have a tattoo. My daughter and I got matching ones when she graduated high school. Mine is on the inside of my ankle. Hers in more under her ankle. They are small and tasteful and have a special meaning for us. I am actually contemplating getting another one. Never thought about a quilt tat but it could be very cool.

loves_2_quilt 08-11-2011 04:21 AM

Ditto here.

Originally Posted by SEW
No I would not get a tattoo...of any kind! I can't wrap my brain around injecting a permanent dye into my skin. Besides, I work as a nurse in a nursing home, and let's just say... tatoo's don't age well!

Cheri_J 08-11-2011 04:33 AM

I have a tat - never again. It hurt way too much. I'm a big baby too.

Buckeye Rose 08-11-2011 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok

Originally Posted by noahscats7
No way. Couldn't give blood then.

NOT true....I have 20 of them and give blood all the time....

You go girl!

FERSID 08-11-2011 04:42 AM

If I were to get a Quilting Tattoo, the pattern would have to be very artistic and the colours would need to be very vibrant.

Unfortunately, due to my skin tone (I have olive skin) colours do not seem to last well in my tatoos hence, the later two of my tatoos were done strickly in blue/black ink.

That being said, I think a Quilting Tattoo without colour would not look very appealing so I'll likely not get one.

I have four tattoos now and only 1 of the 4 was somewhat painful (it is a celtic knot band around my upper arm - the area on the inside of the upper arm is quite sensitive) but only when the work was being done in that area.
:P :P :P

Patti Mahoney 08-11-2011 04:46 AM

Secretly between you and me..I would love to have one. But, I was devastated when my grandmother became frail and needed a little help with bathing and dressing. She had alot of them, lol...all in conspicuous places, lolol...Wow! The things we DON'T know about our family members... Too afraid to go get one now. I'm gonna be a granny one day, lolololol.......