Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Is your glass half empty or half full? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/your-glass-half-empty-half-full-t54986.html)

sewgull 07-17-2010 06:48 PM

No one cares to attend a 'pity party'. Get whatever is bothering you off your back and mind and get on with the day.
My g-son says "Cry me a river. Build a bridge and get over it."

If your glass is half-full just add ice and enjoy a full glass of sweet tea.

FunkyMonkey 07-17-2010 06:49 PM

I am an optimistic person.. do have my "funk time" but most of the time my cup is half full!

I go To The Sea To Breathe 07-17-2010 06:51 PM

Blue , thank you for the reminder. Oh, my cup runneth over. And we , I have gone through some things just like all of us, but I know that I am a survivor and I will. I would love to think that I can be some help to someone else along the way that may be going through something similiar. I saw that post this am and thought about saying I didn't know that people still did that. but just decided I would rather focus on some other things right now. Thank you, Jackie

jetnica 07-17-2010 06:57 PM

Thank You.

I noticed that as well - and even tried to bring up the point (and a positive) in a thread, and six pages later, I think Patrice was the only one to notice that I had a positive (and her words soothed me!)

I get enough negativity at work and I use quilting (and the board) as an escape. I have found myself spending less time on the board lately, and more time at emboridery library to look for ideas and still be quilty.

I love the pictures and inspiration and kind words (four pages of complements on some of my recent posts - humbling!) on this board.

=) happy, positive, calming thoughts to all!

=)

amazon 07-17-2010 06:57 PM

I would say generally(90%) it is half-full, but there are on occasion times that my cup runneth over( days when I realize how truly blessed my family is) and then there are those few half empty times,hmmm .Thats when my tongue gets really sore from biting it so hard. :-D :-D :-D

hazeljane 07-17-2010 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by sewgull
No one cares to attend a 'pity party'. Get whatever is bothering you off your back and mind and get on with the day.
My g-son says "Cry me a river. Build a bridge and get over it."

If your glass is half-full just add ice and enjoy a full glass of sweet tea.

I have a friend who goes even further: "Climb down off your cross, use the wood to build a bridge and get over it." Often I don't respond to negative threads because my impulse would be to say: get over yourself. If you are looking at the whole wide world, it's harder to focus on your own little problems.

manyana 07-17-2010 07:25 PM

My glass is half full with the occasional day half empty just to give me a reality check. I think it is important to see both sides of everything. I am here to involve myself further in something that I love to do and to share that with people who have the same interest. It is great when seeing what other people do and thinking I would never have thought of doing that - I might give it a try. love talking (is that the right word?) with everyone.

mzsooz 07-17-2010 07:33 PM

I think some people have problems articulating what they are thinking in the typewritten format. It sounds okay in their head but when it is put in writing it somehow loses something. I have been on many boards and this type of problem always comes up and usually the person that made the comment really didn't mean it to come out the way it did.

Everyone needs to take a deep breath, think twice before they hit send, don't read a topic if the title looks like it will go haywire, and have some tolerance.

My glass? It is always empty. I mean literally. I drink such huge amounts of liquid that I'm constantly going to the fridge to get more! :P

Eddie 07-17-2010 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by BlueChicken
Some of the happiest people I know are the ones who have been to absolute hell... and come back from it. They're inspirational, and like you say, if you look hard enough you can find blessings in the smallest things.

Yep, having been in the valley can certainly make you appreciate the view from the mountaintop. :) It certainly puts things in perspective and assigns a measure of relevance to daily events.

MadQuilter 07-17-2010 07:38 PM

Most of the time my glass is more than half full. Sometimes I may not be happy with what is IN my glass, but that is not a problem either. lol I love the PDA for those days when things don't go well and I can "share" with my friends on the QB who care to read my nag-nag.

Now I do believe that it is OK to offer valid concerns and ctiticism but it needs to be constructive, and it should not become a feeding frenzy at the cutting table. (How do you like that analogy? teehehe)

For the most part, this is still a happy group. Sometimes I hear that someone has backed off or even jumped ship because someone else has gotten under their skin. I must admit that I have been pretty oblivious to those undercurrents and I think it is sad when it happens.