Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   yuck , major winter storm ! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/yuck-major-winter-storm-t36098.html)

wichypoo 02-06-2010 02:49 PM

Snow here too, I say snow should be a four letter word. don't you.
stay warm.
Karen :P :lol: :lol:

stitchinMamaw 02-06-2010 06:13 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Day 2 :

lass 02-07-2010 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by oldswimmer
My son just called and said the DC area was getting a forecast of 24". That is crazy! I think they have gotten more there than we have in Nebraska. And another one coming next week.
Be careful in that slippery stuff!

I got 24 inches here also. Took my trusty yard stick out and measured.
:lol: In two hours of shoveling I only cleared a space of about a yard wide and three yards long. Trees are laying on the ground. Good news didn't lose electricity!

stitchinMamaw 02-07-2010 04:56 AM

We didn't lose electricity either thank goodness . We even had fog ! Some places had thunder snow . That's sure a weird phenomenon ! We have more snow in the forecast 2 days this coming week ! %^&* Annie

mjsylvstr 02-07-2010 05:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by stitchinMamaw
We didn't lose electricity either thank goodness . We even had fog ! Some places had thunder snow . That's sure a weird phenomenon ! We have more snow in the forecast 2 days this coming week ! %^&* Annie

Annie...THINK SPRING

SPRING IS ON IT'S WAY
[ATTACH=CONFIG]24094[/ATTACH]

mjsylvstr 02-07-2010 05:04 AM

THE ABOVE IS NOT NJ....IT'S FLORIDA.......

NJ IS IN THE SAME SITUATION AS THE REST OF THE SURROUNDING STATES...

JUST HOUGHT YOU COULD USE A BIT OF GREEN SHOWING THROUGH....

stitchinMamaw 02-07-2010 05:06 AM

Oh , is that what the ground looks like ? Thanks for the pic ! This is the coldest and the most snow we've had in years . Usually the snow misses us and hits Pa and farther North. Must have been our turn this year . Annie

mjsylvstr 02-07-2010 05:14 AM

friend in Richmond feels the same way.......I sure am glad that I am where I am !

stitchinMamaw 02-07-2010 05:19 AM

This is oue 2nd major storm ! I am so ready for spring ! Please , oh pretty please . Annie

Quilt Mom 02-07-2010 05:26 AM

I hope the trees in your pictures don't loose any of their branches. The snow looks so heavy...

Are you safe and warm? I hope you are not one of those who have lost power.

Sorry I am not close enough to help dig you out. We could have a grand old time. We had some very heavy snow Friday. First time since we moved to NE for the heavy snow. Usually the snow comes with bitter cold and a lot of wind. But the temperature is sitting right near freezing, so the snow is heavy, and packs well. It's a bear to shovel, but makes wonderful snow forts and snowballs! I can't spend my time inside when we get a snow like that! Now to find the neighbor kids! :lol: