Project Runway

Old 09-10-2011, 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by Greenheron
The producers edit these shows and slant situations and quotes to brighten or darken the designers appearances to stir up viewers. I'd prefer a show where the design process, fabric choices, sewing and the judging were given more prominence than the drama and the flouncing and cattiness.
Me too.
Old 09-10-2011, 04:49 AM

There isn't such a thing as "reality shows" - they are actually "unscripted"
Old 09-10-2011, 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by AlwaysQuilting
Originally Posted by Greenheron
The producers edit these shows and slant situations and quotes to brighten or darken the designers appearances to stir up viewers. I'd prefer a show where the design process, fabric choices, sewing and the judging were given more prominence than the drama and the flouncing and cattiness.
Me too.
Me three. I'd love to see what enables people like Christian Siriano and Chris March to produce couture looking garments while others, including most of this season's competitors, struggle to finish relatively basic garments in the same time frame.
Old 09-10-2011, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by ChaiQuilter
Originally Posted by JanetM
I love Anya. (I think that is her name) She is the woman who just recently learned to sew. She is sooo positive, never complains or groans about the challenges, and just has a delightful life affirming personality.
She can sew too. She has made some very nice and creative garments. I would be happy to see her win.
I sort of like her. I'm just a wee bit suspicious of her "I just learned to sew" story...I don't know anyone who can sew what she's sewn after only a few months of sewing...
I've wondered about that too. But whatever the case, she's produced some amazing designs.
Old 09-10-2011, 02:38 PM
np3
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ChaiQuilter
Originally Posted by JanetM
I love Anya. (I think that is her name) She is the woman who just recently learned to sew. She is sooo positive, never complains or groans about the challenges, and just has a delightful life affirming personality.
She can sew too. She has made some very nice and creative garments. I would be happy to see her win.
I sort of like her. I'm just a wee bit suspicious of her "I just learned to sew" story...I don't know anyone who can sew what she's sewn after only a few months of sewing...
Me too!