Purging purging purging!

Old 10-15-2013, 08:56 AM

I did a major purge a couple summers ago. All craft supply's, fabric, batting, notions, books, leaflets, to the nursing home - felt amazing! Since then I've managed to keep only what I know I will use and only buy enough for what I need to make, well, maybe an extra half yard or so if I fall in love, lol.

It feels much better, I feel more productive and my small house now has more room for people.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:21 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

You have a stash ?? Mine is sewed before I can get one .. LOL Granddaughters Love to find material and make things or ask me to make them a garment after looking at patterns !!!!
Scraps ? What are those ?? LOL I have 3 bins full that the grands look at and take for sewing.
I am on a no buy sewing materials till I have finished Christmas this year then I will look to see what I have and what I need. Or I find it on sale at a really good bargain price !LMAO!!!! :-)
Old 10-16-2013, 05:39 AM

Yes, and I wish I lived close to you...... my husband and I recvently moved into a house and I have pledged that as I am unpacking, anything I don't need or will absolutely use is going. It's so amazing how fast things can compile. I have the problem of "I might make that...." file and then never do. Congrads to you for taking on this large goal!!
Old 10-16-2013, 06:01 AM

I dropped off one big trash bag of scraps...including a bag of empty binders and hanging file folders! I added 13" to my floor space by taking down one folding table (24" deep) that hid those plastic rolling drawers! I replaced the table with a freeby large bookcase (11"deep) that I added 8 large Closet Maid cubbie fabric drawers to store my now reduced stash. Amazing how much fabric will fit into one of those fabric drawers. One more purge of a tote of scraps and i will put my room back to a reasonable shape....lighter! Pictures coming!
sandy

Last edited by Sandygirl; 10-16-2013 at 06:04 AM.