Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Quarantine Projects, or "How I Kept My Sanity During All This" >

Quarantine Projects, or "How I Kept My Sanity During All This"

Quarantine Projects, or "How I Kept My Sanity During All This"

Old 04-17-2020, 07:02 AM

Good job on keeping "sane" ! I am working through a few household chores in between my hand stitching and made time to sandwich another quilt yesterday to machine quilt.
Old 04-17-2020, 08:36 AM

I'm mostly working on a quilt for my husband - it's a MSQC rhombus/tumbling blocks pattern. It's been on my To-Do list for a very long time, and I always intended to send it to a longarmer, because the only quilting I do is straight-line with a walking foot, or big stitch hand quilting. I thought I was going to have to suck it up and quilt it myself, but yesterday I found out that a LQS that's not too far away is still taking quilts. What a relief!
I've also been working on my Coronavirus lockdown wardrobe, aka PJ pants. And I've been picking away at an EPP project.
I've got a king sized bed quilt that I got back from the longarmer a couple of months ago that still needs to be trimmed and bound, and a quilt that I threw together with some Kaffe Fassett charm packs when I had the flu earlier this year (twice...two different strains - I'm never getting out of this cage [img]images/smilies/frown.png[/img]), that needs a border and to be quilted. I'm going to hand quilt that one. I also started a postage stamp quilt with a basket of 2 1/2" squares and I now have 22 64-patch blocks to do something with. I get bored working on the same thing for too long...and not so sure I'm keeping my sanity. [img]images/smilies/biggrin.png[/img]

I'm thinking about buying a roll of batting when we get our stimulus check. And like almost everyone else, we're binge watching a lot of TV.
Old 04-17-2020, 08:59 AM
Power Poster

Wow, you ae a busy gal! Nice finishes.
Old 04-17-2020, 12:03 PM

well done!
I've made about 7 dozen masks for the community, they come up to the gate and call.
I've taken up the study of Lenormand cards.
We have raised baby chicks and worked at incorporating them into the current herd which is down to 2 bantys and a rooster.
I ordered 6 yards of kitchen toweling (really hard to find any with orange!) and have cut and been hand hemming them 3 a day, making the fun last.
Working on the border of the current quilt, incorporating 3" finished house blocks I made over a 10 year period, love it.
Watching House for the first time. The last episode we watched he was being cuffed and hauled off. We cheered.
Listening to Redwall books
Cutting my own hair.
Missing being able to take the 5th wheel out camping, but thankful we have a small farm rather than live in apartments.
Severely limiting time online (we don't have TV) and trying to do something helpful every day. The opportunities are there when we quit focusing on ourselves.
Old 04-17-2020, 04:13 PM
Power Poster

Since the first of this year I have made two larger double bed sized quilts ( one is still just a top). I Kid sized QAYG quilt. Nineteen tops and making another one tomorrow for foster kids in our county.

I need to get more battings to finish them up. I will just keep on making them. I have until mid November. I am still using up my stash.
Old 04-17-2020, 07:10 PM

You've been a busy girl! Your projects are all great, but the clothes are adorable!
Old 04-18-2020, 05:15 AM

I’ve not sewed a stitch for a month but today I plan to make a couple of masks for our son if he wants them. I had 3 sets of Aunts & Uncles who never had families and their pictures have landed with me so it was way past time to sort them out. About a dozen boxes. I set up a workstation so I could walk away. Done ! Some got saved, much got discarded. I’ve made books for all 4 branches of my family. DH has never cooked much but he’s taken an interest so that’s been very helpful ! On to sewing now !
Old 04-18-2020, 05:17 AM
Power Poster

SBG- I love your projects.
The last pic of the first row and the first pic of the last row made me smile. My Mom made the same style
for all my boys years ago and they still treasure them
Love the girl clothes of course! I haven't made Arden any clothes yet because she has a ton but I will
as she gets older. Especially little dresses etc.
I just finished a wall quilt for her and will post a pic. It's really cute.

Dare I say it? But I've enjoyed this down time. More connection with all my sibs, no deadlines etc, time with my husband.
But lots of drawbacks too.
Old 04-18-2020, 09:55 AM

Most of my quilting has been put aside to make mask. I have now completed about 230 mask! The orders keep coming and the elastic is gone until my order arrives with is now 2 days over due. So now I can get back onto another quilting project. I definitely have enough quilts to be worked on. I am also spending more time at the computer than usual.
Old 04-18-2020, 10:16 AM

! You certainly have been busy. Love of your projects and especially love the little ones clothing that you made. The one with the big pretty flowers was so cute. Thanks for sharing your pics

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 04-18-2020 at 05:41 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps