Question for Admin

Old 06-20-2010, 05:24 PM

I have noticed the same problem with a moderator. She seems to be biased on certain topics. I can usually predict in advance when a thread will be locked based on the topic and the opinions being voiced. I have PM'd this moderator and given my opinion. It doesn't seem to have done any good.

I have seriously thought of leaving the board because of this.
Old 06-20-2010, 06:18 PM

I will say that in defense of the moderator you are talking about even without mentioning a name, that he/she is within his/her rights to do what he /she deems necessary to keep with the standings of the board.
There are members (new) that have come on the board that have to me, (MY OPINION) have tried to stir up trouble, especially in the chat room. That is one of the main reasons WHY I don't go into chat anymore. I used to enjoy going in there, but it seems that these certain people have decided that they think that THEY run that chat and can do what they please. So, I just don't go in there. I have friends that are a bit upset about it, but nothing I can do. Not going to get into a "pissing contest" over it. (excuse my wording).

Now, if you have a problem with whatever is going on with the board, remember, YOU joined of your own free will. Admin OWNS the board. He is pretty much the one that says what can and cannot be said/done with the board. He picks and chooses who he wants to be moderators and it's HE alone that is the "ALMIGHTY" sayer and doer.
I hate to be this blunt, but if you don't like it, then you should leave the board.
THIS IS MY OPINION...
**I'm sure there will be people who don't like what I have said, but that's just how I feel. It's my opinion and I"ve been on this board since the beginning. Been thru all the changes, good, bad and indifferent. You either accept what Admin and the Moderators do/say or you don't. If you don't, then you have a choice, opt out.**
Old 06-20-2010, 06:26 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
I will say that in defense of the moderator you are talking about even without mentioning a name, that he/she is within his/her rights to do what he /she deems necessary to keep with the standings of the board.
There are members (new) that have come on the board that have to me, (MY OPINION) have tried to stir up trouble, especially in the chat room. That is one of the main reasons WHY I don't go into chat anymore. I used to enjoy going in there, but it seems that these certain people have decided that they think that THEY run that chat and can do what they please. So, I just don't go in there. I have friends that are a bit upset about it, but nothing I can do. Not going to get into a "pissing contest" over it. (excuse my wording).

Now, if you have a problem with whatever is going on with the board, remember, YOU joined of your own free will. Admin OWNS the board. He is pretty much the one that says what can and cannot be said/done with the board. He picks and chooses who he wants to be moderators and it's HE alone that is the "ALMIGHTY" sayer and doer.
I hate to be this blunt, but if you don't like it, then you should leave the board.
THIS IS MY OPINION...
**I'm sure there will be people who don't like what I have said, but that's just how I feel. It's my opinion and I"ve been on this board since the beginning. Been thru all the changes, good, bad and indifferent. You either accept what Admin and the Moderators do/say or you don't. If you don't, then you have a choice, opt out.**
Well put. Thank you. Perhaps it is time to put this to bed and move on to other things.
Old 06-20-2010, 06:37 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by tlrnhi

THIS IS MY OPINION...
I agree also.

To single out "A" mod is so unfair to that person--- you have no clue how many PMs go back and forth . Members who are themselves upset about some of the postings, but the "Moderator or Admin" are the only ones who can act on it. In fact it is the responsibility of all the members to report to Admin or a Moderator anything questionable, so that the board can remain a fun, safe environment.

The moderator in question has no motive other than to keep the board to its original intent. Moderators are not paid, we get nothing in return other than knowing we are maintaining a wonderful board.

Don't beat up one person , when it could have been anyone that reported the questionable threads.

To the moderator in question --- You have my full support
:thumbup: Thank you for all your help
Old 06-20-2010, 06:43 PM

I agree also.

To single out "A" mod is so unfair to that person--- you have no clue how many PMs go back and forth . Members who are themselves upset about some of the postings, but the "Moderator or Admin" are the only ones who can act on it. In fact it is the responsibility of all the members to report to Admin or a Moderator anything questionable, so that the board can remain a fun, safe environment.

The moderator in question has no motive other than to keep the board to its original intent. Moderators are not paid, we get nothing in return other than knowing we are maintaining a wonderful board.

Don't beat up one person , when it could have been anyone that reported the questionable threads.

To the moderator in question --- You have my full support
:thumbup: Thank you for all your help
ditto
Old 06-20-2010, 06:44 PM
Power Poster

It seems there are always troublemakers that enjoy getting people riled up over some percieved issue. We need to remember the purpose of this board is to meet and make friends not antagonists.

I wish I could give everyone who needs it a course in live and let live. Maybe that is an oxymoron but I think we have to respect others on here and not be so judgmental.

We are here to have fun and we should be grateful to Admin for all the work he puts in to make this board possible.

I agree with Terri if you can't get along then take it somewhere else. We all have enough stress in our daily lives please don't create more on here. It doesn't belong here.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:25 PM

admin put it so well. Let's remember, this is his forum, here for us. Let's try and remember old fashioned grace and humility
Old 06-20-2010, 09:02 PM
Google Goddess

Thank you Thank you Thank you to Admin. and moderators. This is a great group of quilters from all over the world and we appreciate you!
Old 06-20-2010, 09:30 PM

I am considered a newbie here, but a Member of a certain dog breed forum for over 8 years with no problems. As the Admin. stated, it is his forum, his rules & we are allowed here as his guests. Or that is how I see it. If I do not like a post or topic, I have the freedom of not replying or commenting. We all have that choice. A forum should be for enjoyment and friendship, not problems, turmoil & hard feelings. Again my own opinion. I don't know which Moderator is being heavy handed or accused of being, that went over my head. :D I really do like this Board and the people that I have conversed with. Thank You Admin. for the job you do.