Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Questions on Using a Kindle Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
    You can send pdf files to the Kindle Fire from your computer but I haven't found a way to print them from the Kindle Fire.
    My Fire came yesterday and I managed to get it working but still have a lot to learn! Printing was one of the first things I looked up. It isn't in the guide on the device but is in the Support for fire devices online. "If your printer supports wireless printing, you can print emails, calendar events, photos, personal documents, and web pages from the Silk browser from your Fire tablet." I was wishing there was a pdf version of the guide that I could download but this is apparently all there is. At least you can read directions here while looking at, working with one's Fire. I found this section going to My Account, Manage your content & devices, Help, Device Support, Fire, Settings and Security, Print from tablet. This Print section is not, however, in the Guide section on the Fire itself.

in the manual/guide that's on it and it looks like you can print IF you have a wireless enabled printer. When I got my inexpensive Canon I thought about a wireless one and then didn't get it! I don't think, tho, even with a wireless printer, that you can print pages from the books you download. I really wish there was a pdf manual you could download instead of one on the device. My son gave me his Kindle keyboard about 3 years ago and I downloaded everything I could find. And there was a pdf version of its manual available.

about pdf's, I thought these weren't in the list of supported types....will check again. I can do this on the Kindle Keybd.

Blog Entries
    I get 'Book Bud' newletter daily that list about 5 books that free or on special. Most of them are free or $.99 and $1.99. You can check the rating of these books. You need to regristor your device with amazon an set up an account. when you want to buy a book you only need to click one button and the book is down loaded to you kindle right away.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams View Post
    Mine is arriving on Wednesday. I read my Kindle books on my Kindle app on my iPhone. I need to learn how to use the Kindle Fire ($35 one) so when my grandkids show up I can let them use it.
    Your grandchildren probably can teach you. I know my grandchildren showed me all the little tips I need to know on my kindle and I phone. Ages 8-11-13

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2