quick & easy crafts idea

Old 09-12-2012, 03:21 PM

Default quick & easy crafts idea

Just had a call to come & babysit my nephews kids for about 5 hours tomorrow evening.... there's a family wedding rehearsal dinner so.... here's my question, does anyone have a quick easy craft that would be interesting for a 2, 6 and 10 year old? Last time I had the oldest 2 I traced their hands & feet & we made quilted placemats. Their Mommy is a very "green" person so it has to be something "earth friendly"..... thanks for any and all ideas! (they don't have to involve quilting)
Old 09-12-2012, 04:15 PM

look on pinterest go Categories and diy crafts they have lots of ideas one was a Christmas tree with the childrens hands cut out of felt
Old 09-12-2012, 04:44 PM

I just remembered one of the projects that I enjoyed at a Quilt Canada. We were given paper & pencil & walked through the university & did paper rubbings on whatever caught our eye.... I'm thinking this would be fun for me... and hopefully fun for each of them!
Old 09-12-2012, 04:51 PM

Make cookies!!! They'll love you forever!

Colleen
Old 09-12-2012, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by cmrenno View Post
Make cookies!!! They'll love you forever!

Colleen
Well... I would...if I could with all the wonderful wholesome ingredients that their Mommy has on hand, but to be honest she is such a wonderful cook/baker/organic food person.... I'm thinking she/they wouldn't appreciate my efforts.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:56 PM

peanut butter playdough. stringing fruit loops or macaroni or macaroni art.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:22 PM

I didn't need to worry, they loved the paper rubbings and they we played blocks, read books, ate dinner & whew.... I'm exhausted and glad to be home :-)
Old 09-13-2012, 09:54 PM

I babysit 5 on Sunday nights for 3 hours...ages 2, 3,5, 7, 7. We are at my son's home and they have toys everywhere BUT they want me to entertain them. I have tried games (2 separate age games) but arguments broke out...little ones wanted the BIG games. I take games/toys from my house because it is something different. We play ball outside, , color, read and after baths, they get to watch a little bit of a movie before bedtime.

I come home and spend the next day sleeping myself!! But I love them! They DO keep you young! LOL
Old 09-14-2012, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 View Post
Well... I would...if I could with all the wonderful wholesome ingredients that their Mommy has on hand, but to be honest she is such a wonderful cook/baker/organic food person.... I'm thinking she/they wouldn't appreciate my efforts.
Oh, I know just how you're feeling. My dtr in law is now going Vegan. WHAT??? Yikes. Hate having dinner with them. She has no prob. with the way I feed their 4 yr. old though when I stay with him. I always take him dinner of home made chicken nuggets & noodles flavored with cr. of mushroom soup. I chgd. it up this last time & he asked if I'd make him chicken & noodles the next time. Eats 3 helpings of noodles.
Old 09-15-2012, 12:36 PM

How about finger painting or just really painting? I would have the 2 yr old paint in the bath tub or on an enormous plastic sheet. My grandchildren loved that. I found it best if I took things for them to paint instead of sheets of paper - like old chairs - you can buy these really cheap, or flower pots, etc. The bigger the items the longer you keep their interest. We even painted wooden ladders one time when I forgot to buy something. Wonderful outside activity, followed by partial washing with the hose and then bathing in the house, everyone wearing one of grandpas old shirts.Definitely something they had never done before.