Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
To Quilt, or To Fish - That is the Question >

To Quilt, or To Fish - That is the Question

To Quilt, or To Fish - That is the Question

Old 06-26-2011, 04:56 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by madamekelly
I do not fish. I read while others fish. Just in case some of you missed this, when I posted it before......

A man and his wife go to their fishing lodge to spend some quiet time. She hates to fish, so while he fishes, she reads. One afternoon, he came back early saying he wanted a nap. She couldn't read peacefully while he snored, so she went out to the boat and floated while she read. Pretty soon a game warden comes by in his spiffy boat. He asks to see her fishing license. She says "I don't have one, I am just reading". He replies "I can see you have all the equipment to fish, and for all I know you were just about to start fishing, so I am going to write you a ticket." She says " Oh very well, but I am going to have to file charges on you for rape." He steps back and says "But I never touched you!" She says "Well, I can see you have all the equipment, and for all I know you are about to start!" He quietly left.

Moral of the story- Never hassle a woman who reads, chances are she can think too! Hugs! -Kelly
:-D :-D :-D Heard before but it is still funny. BrendaK
Old 06-26-2011, 04:57 PM

Just eating the fish my "boys" catch!
Old 06-26-2011, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by ThayerRags
My MIL goes by “Fishin’ Grandma” to all of the Grand Kids and Great Grand Kids, and she may be happiest when sitting in her little boat out on the lake fishing as much or more than doing anything else. But, when it’s rainy or cold, she also enjoys crochet, knitting, and quilting. She’s made quilts for several of us in the family (and I don’t think any of them have fish on them), but she’s first and foremost, a “Fisherwoman”.

I’m wondering how many other lady quilters on here enjoy fishing as much as quilting?

CD in Oklahoma
I have a saying hanging in my sewing room that reads, "To Quilt or Not to Quilt?.....What a silly questions!!! Guess, that answers that question, at least, for me. :wink:

Happy your grandma can enjoy so much that life has to offer. :thumbup:
Old 06-26-2011, 05:23 PM

The only fishing I've ever done is cod fishing here in Newfoundland. It's only open for 2 weeks in the summer and it's usually the highlight of our summer.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:40 PM

II Think the same calm and patience that goes with quilting works for fishing too
Old 06-26-2011, 06:54 PM

I'd go fishing any day, can quilt at nite,,,,jacie
Old 06-26-2011, 06:55 PM

It is the best trip ever with all the family brothers, sil , cousins just awesome but it also gives me time with my Dad & Mom. This year will be special my Niece was just recently diagnosed w/ ovarian cancer she is taking chemo but is still coming to the lake for a few days. Her hubby is bring down his trailer to stay few days . We have all been Praying that she would be able to come for the 4th we have a big fish fry . Just a Thank You for all your Prayers & Thoughts. It has been a real tough 2 wks . But we still like to fish. I just bought a had crank Faudel's will post pic when I get back.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:37 PM

I love to fish...just hate taking the fish off the hook...
Old 06-26-2011, 10:56 PM

I guess my avatar pretty much says it all. I will post one I caught last summer on the Klutina River. I would rather be fishing than just about anything. And if its winter then quilting. What a life. :)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-217378.jpe  
Old 06-26-2011, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by raedar63
ME,ME.ME I love to go fishing biteing or not!