Quilty License Plates?

Old 03-28-2014, 01:53 PM

Mine says MS BGLDY someone else got Baglady, I have had this one a long time too!
Old 03-28-2014, 02:04 PM

Mine is QWLTR.
Old 03-28-2014, 02:19 PM

I just spent the last 30 minutes seeing what is and is not available as a personalized license plate in my state! Boy oh boy, that was interesting! I'd love to get personalized plates, but with the way I drive...not slowly, I'd prefer to blend in with all the regular license plate vehicles out on the road. Too bad. I'd love a plate that had my nick name on it, or something having to do with my career or hobbies! Dh would look silly in a car with 'Quilting' related plates!!!
Old 03-28-2014, 04:04 PM

In Arizona we can keep our plates if we get a new car.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:21 PM

I don't have quilter plates, but I do have Amateur Radio plates. In Oregon, you can transfer your plates when you purchase a new car. We laugh when we talk about mine because I had the 'nerve' to argue with 'an official DMV employee' when I was buying them - I knew how much it should cost (some of the older 'hams' had told me about how much to expect) and the guy kept coming up with different amounts that were way over - it turns out he was trying to make me pay the two-year renewal and I had just paid it a couple of months earlier. We finally settled on a mutually agreeable amount, but it took me and several employees. However, each time I have moved them to a new car I have had problems with DMV - and yes, I am not afraid to argue with them. The second time I moved them I went to DMV ahead of time and asked what to do. When I followed their directions, they said I did it wrong! ARGH! They even messed up the registration on my husband's truck and it wasn't even involved! I am hoping to keep my current car for a long time - I will probably need new plates because of their condition before I need to move them to another car. In Oregon, you don't have to pay extra for 'vanity plates' that are Amateur Radio call sign plates. That makes it nice, too.
Old 03-29-2014, 06:49 AM

good stories!
Old 03-29-2014, 06:54 AM

good stories!
When we lived in Oregon license plates were 20-30 bucks a year, don't remember for sure.
Then we moved to Washington and license plates were based on sales tax on the value of the vehicle I think
Anyway that first year my car plates were over $700.00. Talk about sticker shock.
Insult to injury, if the vehicle was less than a year old you had to pay Washington sales tax too.
Anyway after I picked myself up off the floor I though in for a penny in for a pound, for $35.00 dollars more I went ahead and got the personalized plates.

Voters revolted about the license price, there were many people who simply couldn't afford it so it's much more reasonable again. Of course they get the money out of us in other ways...