Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Rainbow Bridge........For Those Who Have Lost Pets >

Rainbow Bridge........For Those Who Have Lost Pets

Rainbow Bridge........For Those Who Have Lost Pets

Old 06-02-2010, 07:48 AM

we lost our Bandit in October and it took me several months till I could read this without just bawling. It still brings tears to my eyes. Bandit was my dog....I'm 45 years old and he was my first dog....you know the one that is just so special to you? I only had him just 2 1/2 years but those are years I will always treasure. he was the most amazing dog. I could take him anywhere and he never met a stranger. Kids could come up and just hug on him. At home when I left I told him to "guard the house" and if anyone came up they left quickly if we weren't here as they thought he would eat them. He knew when my bp was up and would push me to sit down. he gave backwards hugs and he loved to go. We would go walking in the mornings and oh he was always so excited to see me grab my tennis shoes!
Old 06-02-2010, 09:42 AM

Marsye... I love the slot machine thingie. My mom and I go a couple times a month...I tease her that I will bury her with a slot machine.LOL. I know this will sound strange to some but I live in the country, out of city limits in the county. We do things as we please out here. You can fire an gun and no one caomes running. ANyway, my point being. I have a pet cemetary in my back 1/2 acre. My Little Chihuahua has his own tombstone, It is pickgranite and it has his name on it and I put a little round bronze disc on it with his picture. Same goes for Ms. Kitty, Diamond, and Cleopatra. When people happen across them while walking on our property to look around they seemed a little shock like it was a human or something. Then we tell them they are our family pets. A bit extreme???? NOT!!
Old 06-02-2010, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
Marsye... I love the slot machine thingie. My mom and I go a couple times a month...I tease her that I will bury her with a slot machine.LOL. I know this will sound strange to some but I live in the country, out of city limits in the county. We do things as we please out here. You can fire an gun and no one caomes running. ANyway, my point being. I have a pet cemetary in my back 1/2 acre. My Little Chihuahua has his own tombstone, It is pickgranite and it has his name on it and I put a little round bronze disc on it with his picture. Same goes for Ms. Kitty, Diamond, and Cleopatra. When people happen across them while walking on our property to look around they seemed a little shock like it was a human or something. Then we tell them they are our family pets. A bit extreme???? NOT!!
Guess I don't find it extreme. We live in town and don't plan on living here forever. We are not allowed to bury pets in our yard and have no place else to bury them so having them cremated is our way of keeping them close after death. If we end up moving to the country, which is our plan, we will also bury them close by. My MIL has lived in the same place since 1965 and allows all the kids to bring their pets and bury them in the back of her big back yard. A lot of pet history lays back there because when they first moved there the youngest kid out of 6 was 5 years old and their childhood pets and adulthood pets are all there. What is extreme to one is comforting to another. As long as they don't come back to life like in Stephen King's book, it sounds great to me.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:39 PM
Power Poster

I love the story of the Rainbow Bridge. It will take me a while to cross it because I have had many loved pets in my lifetime. I hope they are all waiting for me there. I know they live on in my heart.