RAK Thank You!

Old 06-23-2012, 11:21 AM

I will be only thinking good thoughts for you. and know all will be good. you are always in my prayers.
Old 06-23-2012, 02:38 PM
Banned

Teresa just know that you are on my mind all the time.

Another fire is burning in Colorado, and this time I am sitting
4-5 miles from it, but the wind is blowing it in the opposite
direction from where I am at (at MIL's visiting for the weekend).
Old 06-23-2012, 03:54 PM

Okay Krystna I'm back feeling awhole lot better and I can see now whats up???? I'm so looking forward to what you had up your sleeve!!!!!LOL
Old 06-23-2012, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise View Post
Teresa just know that you are on my mind all the time.

Another fire is burning in Colorado, and this time I am sitting
4-5 miles from it, but the wind is blowing it in the opposite
direction from where I am at (at MIL's visiting for the weekend).
Oh please be safe!!!!!!
Old 06-23-2012, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by mscupid804 View Post
Debbie, am hanging in there waiting patiently for my surgery to come and go. Not looking forward to the treatments either.
teresa we are keeping you uplifted in prayer all along your journey. hopefully you have your brigade of supporters around you to go with you during you during your treatments and someones to hold your hand after surgery and after your treatments.
Old 06-23-2012, 04:41 PM

~ louise y'all stay safe there.

~ i wanna send a big thanks to krystyna for the rak of fabric scraps she sent me. i received an envelope stuffed full of scraps. thanks a whole bunch. they will be put to good use. krystyna i hadn't made it to my po box in a while so it looks like you sent these about a week ago. please know that i didn't ignore you i just had so much going on and hadnt been to pick up my mail. i was really surprised today to get your package.

~ right now my camera card and my computer are not playing well together. the computer wants to reformat my card and wipe all my pics away and i cannot have that. so no pics to post right now. i gotta find out how to save my data card.

~ my interview in phoenix went well by my account. as much as i love to fly, trying to do a one day turn around trip was grueling. i started my day at 4:30 am to catch a 7:30am 3 hour flight to phoenix. the plane left 30 minutes late and once we got to phoenix, we had to stay on the plane for about an hour because there was no gate open to unload the plane. imagine a plane full of children, babies crying, everyone talking and moving about. the plane did leave the air on so it was not stuffy. i called the company after i got off the plane to let them know i would be late. i get to the rental car place and the car was not set up direct bill as it should have been. so three phone calls between the company, the rental car clerk and myself and we got that all straightened out. any of these things could have thrown me off and messed me up for this interview but i didn't plan to let them.

now that i am good and late for the interviews, they had to reschedule everyone and cut the interviews very short so that i could get back to the airport and make my flight home. i told the relo manager that i was not dissuaded and plan to get through my interviews in stellar form. well by now the interview team had heard of my hiccups to get there. i interviewed with the v.p. of tax first and that interview went very well. he walked away saying he really liked me and thought i would be a good addition to the team. next i interviewed with the manager that i would work with and i do believe that interview went well. third the director of tax came in and only had an opportunity to say hello and ask 1 or 2 questions and he told me how he moved his family to phoenix from indiana without a job in hand because they wanted out of the cold. but he has landed on his feet. the v.p. was a transplant from chicago and the manager was native to phoenix.

i stayed calm during the whole rushed ordeal and had to make a mad dash to catch my plane home. i get there with only an hour to take off and was rushing so badly, i had not eaten anything all day so it was a good thing that i has stuffed 2 pears in my purse before i left home. there are rules that you have to be checked in 30 minutes before flight time. well i couldn't get my boarding pass until i got to the gate counter and my notice from the lobby kiosk said i was not checked in. the problem is that a name similar to mine was on the do not fly list so i have an extra layer of security i have to go through to fly. i know what a headache but i had to apply for some sort of document from tsa so that i at least could get on a plane. i got to the gate counter 20 minutes before my flight time with my fingers crossed that i would be able to check in. southwest has so graciously printed my boarding passes before i got to the counter.....thank god!!!!

now my flight home was not direct but a 5 hour flight with 1 layover. the flight from phoenix to chicago was delayed 45 minutes. i get to midway and my flight was delayed by 1 hour so by time i got home at 11:30pm i was seeing double. i feel like i have a hangover today. monday i will do my follow up calling with the company to see if there were any questions not asked or anything additional i can supply them. they company officials really wanted to make sure that i was serious about relocating to phoenix. i let them know that i have a support network already in place there so i would not be isolated. a chapter of my professional group is there. while i realize that there are many factors that could knock me out of contention for this job, my prayer has been that if this is where i am suppose to be, then i am ready to make the move. so i wait to hear further from the company.

Last edited by Havplenty; 06-23-2012 at 04:44 PM.
Old 06-23-2012, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise View Post
Question for you....

Can you (or anyone else) use pieces of thread scraps?

Such as what is in the picture below.

This is ONLY embroidery thread, mostly polyester thread
but some (very small amount) of rayon & metallic thread
from when I am making ANYTHING on the embroidery machine.

I just HATE the thought of throwing away even these thread scraps,
started saving them for a friend who asked me to because they was
getting into "mutli fiber" art quilts and thought the thread would be
"cool" to add as a dimension to the art quilts. Then she changed her
mind about making art quilts, but now I can't bring myself to toss the
thread in the trash.

MANY (most?) of this pile of thread are lengths about 6+ inches long.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]343689[/ATTACH]
Hope I am not to late but yes those can surely be used.
Old 06-23-2012, 04:47 PM

p.s. update on my sil. she is doing well after her first chemo treatment and had so many folks show up to be with her that first treatment they has to send some away. her next treatment in 3 wks will be a 5 day ordeal so this 1st one got her over the fear hump to be able to deal with the 5 day stint. we all march on.
Old 06-23-2012, 06:13 PM

Wow Havplenty! Sounds like major Maalox Moment Marathon! You are in my thoughts and prayers! m
Old 06-23-2012, 10:11 PM

Hav~all I can say is WOW and I missed you on here...I applied for two last week and didn't even get calls for phone interviews let alone anything further...glad your process is going well so far and glad SIL did ok with first treatment...get some rest girlfriend