Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A random question about Lemi Shine

My family has been using Lemi Shine for years with the same result you have. Very nice, quality product that does what it is advertised to do. We highly recommend it.Be warned, though. If your dishes and flatware are very clouded it could take quite a while for Lemi Shine to work its magic. Be patient. You will get good results.
    Quilting Makes Me Happy...

Blog Entries
    I had never heard of Lemi Shine until reading the initial post. Got some at Walmart yesterday and tried it out around our kitchen faucet -- an area that had accumulated a lot of hard water spots. The stuff is A M A Z I N G! Just be careful how you use it. I read the reviews on Amazon, and Lemi Shine will ruin enameled pots if you run them through the dishwasher with it. I'm thinking it would work great on shower doors that are all gummed up, but don't have one here to try it on.

THANK YOU for posting about this product! I would have never found it on my own.

I use it in every load in the dishwasher. We had a repair man suggest it several years ago. We have such hard water. This stuff does wonders!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

Blog Entries
    We have very hard water and I just put white vinegar in as I start the machine. Works great and I don't have to worry about it taking of decals, markings, etc. just experiment as to the amount to add. I can tell when I forget it!
    Novie
    Working my way through life, one block at a time.

Blog Entries
    Someone posted about it removing the marking from their Pyrex measuring
    cup.

Prior to finding the Lemi Shine my hubs bought me 2 sets of the blue Pyrex
    bake ware and mixing bowls. There was also 3 sizes of the glass measuring
    cups with each set (1, 2, 4 cups).

I have to ALWAYS hand washed all my Pyrex measuring cups now because
    putting them in the dishwasher was washing away the BLUE markings on
    them. This was BEFORE I started using the LS.

But it (the Lemi Shine) hasn't done anything to the markings on the traditional
    red Pyrex.

But I pretty much stopped putting ANY of my Pyrex cups in the dishwasher
    anyways.

As for trying the other LS products no every time I thought about getting some
    of the rinse agent it was out of stock. But it will HAVE to wait now because I have
    enough Jet Dry to last me about a year if not longer (I have 6 small bottle and a
    couple larger bulk bottles).
    Louise - Ya-ya to Zachary April 13 2015. I collect mugs from the U.S. and around the world. Also collect handmade pincushions, sewing/quilting themed fabrics, and fabric in general.

I just made my order for the crafts at Wal Mart and forgot to add the Lemi Shine to the cart lol....but I saw on Pintrest how to make your own dishwashing detergent and want to get this....I am using the lemon aide Kool Aid method now....can not wait to try the Lemi Shine....glad you made this post so now I know it works.

I have never heard of it, but am anxious to try it. Thanks for the heads up. Hard water is a problem.
    When a dying man asked his pastor "How long does it take to die?" his pastor's heartfelt reply was "A lifetime." Live life to the fullest, but stop now and then to enjoy the sunset.
    Lynda

Blog Entries
    I just want to add that I had tried vinegar on the hard water spots near the kitchen faucet with very poor results. Could not believe how the Lemi Shine worked! We have very hard water with lots of different dissolved minerals in it; maybe that's why the vinegar was next to useless.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2