Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Rating/feedback system. Need your input. >

Rating/feedback system. Need your input.

Rating/feedback system. Need your input.

Old 01-11-2010, 06:38 PM

It's been quite a ride, reading all these posts. Admin, good to hear you are deciding against this.

IMHO, swaps and sales are two different things. When participating in a swap, we are clearly advised to be gracious. The need to be told that is somewhat appalling, but nevertheless, it's an important trait. If you can't live with what you might get, either don't participate, or create your own with carefully vetted participants.

Sales are something else. Don't ebay and etsy provide some kind of buyer protection? Maybe people should be selling through them, and simply posting a link at this site.

This is a quilting site, pure and simple. In fact, isn't it "The Quilter's Message Board"?
Old 01-11-2010, 09:25 PM

well admin you know whats best ,if its going to save you a lot of headach,s and trouble then you'r judgement is find by me ,any way i trust the people here ,i've brought so many wonderful things here and have always been happy with what i gotten from each seller
Old 01-12-2010, 12:13 AM

admin, i think you've made a good decision. Remember on your other thread, you said the more tricks and gadgets that people have, the more they want? I seriously think adding more, leads to less, in the feeling of friendship on the board. Not only would it be a nightmare for you, but yes, feelings would get hurt and escalate, and there would be a lot of misunderstandings.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:27 AM
k3n
Power Poster

IMHO? Good decision! Thanks Admin. :-D
Old 01-12-2010, 02:45 AM

Administrator....I read through this thread and am happy with your decision to "nix" the idea. In my opinion, for instance, if I were to want to participate in a swap, and I were late a few days sending something my receiver would be able to post negative things even tho I did send the item. Thus giving me a bad rep when I don't deserve it. As it has been posted, life gets in the way sometimes.

I agree that this is a "family style" board and that is the main reason that I decided to join. I don't like ebay or those types of boards and don't participate in them. Kudos to those that do but I prefer not to. Just my two cents worth. Thanks for listening. Tigger
Old 01-12-2010, 05:45 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by k3n
I have to say that my first reaction to this idea was negative for the reasons given above; I see that the motives are good and in an ideal world, all feedback would be honest but there is the possibility that some members would abuse this facility to get at other members.

Also, sometimes with swaps things go wrong through no fault of the person involved - life gets in the way and I'd hate to see someone bad mouthed for not delivering when they had an as yet undisclosed valid reason for the tardiness. An apology could be issued of course but mud sticks as they say. :hunf:

If I were you, I wouldn't. :-)

exactly what I was thinking. That this could be abused. Life sometimes happens and gets in the way. And I could see one person trying to get back at someone they didn't like
Doesn't seem like a god idea to me.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:55 AM

I've read all the posts and I can see "most" of the points raised have their merit. Personally I have shied away from the classified section as I really don't want to be cheated. I would appreciate a rating section there.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:07 AM

So happy that you decided to nix the feedback idea....I can see many problems popping up with this.
If someone is worried about should they purchase from someone else...why not see if they have sold before and PM the previous buyer....
Old 01-12-2010, 06:16 AM
Power Poster

glad to hear this isn't happening Your are one smart Gorilla Admin!
Old 01-12-2010, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
So happy that you decided to nix the feedback idea....I can see many problems popping up with this.
If someone is worried about should they purchase from someone else...why not see if they have sold before and PM the previous buyer....
Couldn't agree more! I was just about to say something similar. Make it the responsibility of the sellers to compile a list of "references;" i.e., buyers who wouldn't mind being PM'ed to vouch for the seller. If its a first time seller, just say so and people can still decide to risk buying or not.

Admin, I'm curious. What made you think of this? Is there a history of bad sellers, swappers, and such where the issue hasn't been resolved one way or another between the parties? Granted, I'm new here, but I don't recall seeing any threads complaining about "poor service" or whatever.