Really good coffee?

Old 08-20-2014, 01:37 PM

I use Georgia's Market Organic Crème Brulee and it's wonderful. However, I think it's only available at Georgia's Market here. When they were closed for renovations, I bought Starbucks Vanilla Something coffee at the grocery store and it was good. Eight O'clock coffee also makes some good flavored coffees
Old 08-20-2014, 01:42 PM

I drink 2 cups a day and I too want it to be GOOD, I've been using Folgers Black Silk but I think they must have changed it because it just isn't as good as it was. If you find a good one let us know.
Old 08-20-2014, 01:44 PM

I love strong, but good tasting, coffee and am a huge fan of Starbucks Verona. The Verona k-cups are hard to find and they don't have them at Sam's Club, so I go with Pike Place. And I love Dunkin' Donuts.
Old 08-20-2014, 01:49 PM

We have come up with our own blend of Coffees. We bought some Kona Chocolate Macadamia and thought is wasn't quite right but liked the mild smooth taste...so I started adding it to our other coffee that we didn't like too much and have experimented with it a lot...my latest blend is 1/2 and 1/2 Kona Choc. and Don Franciscos Kona. We don't like dark harsh coffee so this makes an easy to swallow one for us.
Old 08-20-2014, 01:52 PM

My faves of regular coffee are 8 O'Clock. Duncan Donuts. i hate Starbucks but actually like their Blonde Roast. Gloria Jeans. Give it to me straight, hot and some bold. Tastes are all going to be varied.

sandy
Old 08-20-2014, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post
I buy folgers and mix it half and half with fresh ground from the grocery. Just right, economical yet rich
We also make our coffee freshdripped, by the cup, no pot coffee.
That is sort of the way I make mine, a little brew basket with coffee grounds inside,
hanging from the top of a mug. Pour in boiling water, add the cover and let steep 7 min. I quit making by the pot when hubby lost his taste for coffee completely that last year he lived, he passed a couple years ago.

Thanks for replies. I appreciate it. My cousin and her hubby visit me often from Dallas area, and they bring their own coffee, so maybe I should ask them what it is. They grind it themselves before they come.
I will look at the store next time I shop and make a decision for a change. Leaning towards the grind your own, at the grocery.
Old 08-20-2014, 02:04 PM

Try storing your coffee upside down so the coffee oils are always on the top. Have you ever noticed the last batch is the best. That's why.
Old 08-20-2014, 02:30 PM

When we moved to another town, our regular brand didn't taste as good. Finally, we discovered it was the water, so changed brands which made coffee taste good again. Now, when I rarely drink coffee, I prefer Starbucks which I grind myself. Used to love Maxwell House Italian blend. It was strong but not harsh or bitter. My dad drank his coffee boiled in a pot and was fussy about it. Learned to love that method and used it when we camped yrs ago. I do love a strong coffee. Most of my coffee drinking friends drink colored water.
Old 08-20-2014, 02:35 PM

Our favorite is Costco's Kirkland brand. I also like highlander grog, but have trouble finding it.

Also, if you have just noticed that the coffee doesn't taste right, try cleaning your coffee pot. I've bought the coffee pot cleaners, and also just run white vinegar thru a cycle, followed by a cycle or two of just water. It can really make a difference.
Old 08-20-2014, 04:40 PM

I'm not a coffee drinker but I always bring Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee from Jamaica (it's not flavored) and everyone raves about it. I suppose you can get it online, but it's probably pricey.