Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Really good coffee?

Blog Entries
    I love the dunkin donuts coffee. It is a little pricy but I only have morning coffee so I brew it up at home & enjoy
    Patski
    always learning

My husband loves Chock-Full-o-Nuts so much that we order it by mail. (Despite the name, it isn't flavored. One of my quilting buddies always serves Dunkin Donuts and it is excellent and more easily available in store.

My favorite "straight" coffee is Dunkin Donuts. My favorite flavored coffee is Barney's Cool Cafe Blues. We buy the Dunkin here, but they closed our Barney's, so I have to buy it online.

We use a Keurig and have a basket insert so we don't have to buy the K-cups. We keep a Brita pitcher full of water to fill the coffee maker because our water has some flavor to it. Try using filtered water and see if your water might be the problem.

Well, I'm very picky about my coffee! I have a home roaster and roast my own coffee beans (love all of the beans from Guatemala). I also grind the beans fresh before every pot and use filtered water. And I have a drip coffee pot that heats the water to 195 degrees! Yumm....the BEST COFFEE EVER!!! And it is so much cheaper (not to mention tastier) than anything at the grocery store. Whenever we have company people exclaim it's the best coffee they've ever had and always ask what brand, etc. So all my coffee loving friends know what their getting for Christmas and birthday gifts!
    Pfaff Ambition 1.0
    Pfaff Performance 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by cashs_mom View Post
    I use Georgia's Market Organic Crème Brulee and it's wonderful. However, I think it's only available at Georgia's Market here. When they were closed for renovations, I bought Starbucks Vanilla Something coffee at the grocery store and it was good. Eight O'clock coffee also makes some good flavored coffees
    If you can get it in your neck of the woods, why not try a Dutch brand called Moccona. This of course is an Australian site but you could Google for your area.
    http://www.moccona.com.au/

There are two main kinds of coffee beans - Arabica and Robusta.The BIG name brands in the plastic containers (MH, Folger's) are usually Robusta which is not as good (more bitter). Look for 100% Arabica.

I also have only one cup a day, so I want it to be good. I never get the stuff in the big plastic containers (although they are great for storing stuff!!) - I usually get something in an 11-oz bag.

My favorite is Starbucks Veranda. It is very mild flavored and delicious.

When I had to switch to decaf I didn't like our local coffee (Community). I switched to Folger's decaf and loved it. I do add an extra scoop to the basket. I drink coffee without sugar or cream so it's gotta taste good.
    One step at a time, always forward.

At our house we love Folger's Black Silk.
    t

maxwell house wake up roast mild. is what i like..
    ​DEBRA

I love Jamaica mt blue too not the blend I buy in online pretty expensive but oh so good. I also really like costa Rican coffee. Both of those you can get a strong full flavor without the biterness from over roasted beans.
    Billi
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood

My favorite brand is Chock Full O' Nuts original. The brand offers several roasts. The thing I like so much other than it tastes good is that you can make it really strong and it never tastes bitter.

Like everything else lately, I believe the coffee companies are skimping on the flavorful beans and blending in chicory.....I have a Keurig now, since I am alone. Sometimes I will splurge and buy the kind made for the K, but most of the time I use regular coffee and put it into one of those baskets that are sold now for the one-cuppers, but I add one shake of salt in it.....don't know what, but brings out the flavor better.....usually folgers is my choice of brands.

In the US, if it is in the product it has to be on the label.

Buy yourself an aero press coffee maker. It will make whatever brand you use taste better! I bought my husband one for Father's Day and he loves it. I got ours from amazon but I'm sure they are available elsewhere as well.

The poster said: ...just coffee itself, not a flavor added.

I started grinding whole coffee beans when it was reported many of the ground coffees have a lot of filler ground up with it from pecan shells to dirt. We use a Keurig and using the fill your own cups works just fine. No waste of coffee making one cup when wanted. I like Starbucks whole beans and 8 O'clock whole beans. I grind enough to last a week at a time.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Being a coffee (snob).....I like the variety offered by Gevalia.
    Deb Watkins - I woke up today on the right side of dirt. It is a good day.

Oh, I how miss coffee!! My doctors have told me NO MORE COFFEE so I am an herbal tea drinker now...and it's just not the same!

When I WAS allowed coffee, my hands-down favorite coffee was the French Roast coffee from Community Coffee. http://www.communitycoffee.com/produ...d-French-Roast I would never have known about this stuff if I hadn't had a roommate from Louisiana during college; her father would send her care packages including this coffee and I got totally hooked on it. I started having him send ME bags too (I paid him, of course), and then later when the internet became a thing DH & I started ordering it online by the case.

I love it because I like very strong coffee, and you can brew this stuff thick as mud and it doesn't get all weird and bitter like most coffee does. SO good.

Man. I want a cuppa my Community Coffee sooo bad right now!! Just looking at their logo online gives me such happy memories, I swear I can almost smell it! LOL

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    We drink a lot of coffee. About 1 1/2 pots a day between DH and I. He gets up early and has a cup from day before to get started while he brews a fresh pot. I had to get on him because he made it weak. Told him to add another scoop. So got Folger's French roast. Little stronger. I like Dunkin Donuts and McD's but he says it's too strong. I like a rich brewed flavor. Oh well. So I have about 3-4 cups a day because of warming it up.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oh munner View Post
    We're REALLY BIG FANS of Dunkin Donuts coffee.
    Same here, it's the only coffee we buy.

Blog Entries
    If you can get it there try Nescafe alta rica .very rich instant smooth with no bitterness

My daughter and I drink New England Hazelnut, made by the pot, or Keurig Gloria Jean Hazelnut. My husband drinks Folgers by the pot and Newmans Keurig.

I have tried new site for coffee called "cmebrew." It's an online business owned by a gentleman named Charlie in Ohio. They have a wide variety of beans from all over the world and he roasts them fresh to order. The prices are very good too. I have bought from no one but him for over a year now and I never buy grocery store coffee any more. There's no comparison.

I found at Wal-Mart Sams Choice organic. Which I really like. I used to swear by 8 o`clock. But I think think they changed. It's not as good.I only get 1cup a day so I want it good. I like a stronger cup.

Jamaica Blue Mountain is the best coffee. We buy it when we are there and keep the beans in the freezer. Then we grind it as needed. Very expensive, but worth the price.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast