Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Really good coffee?

We drink Yuban, have for years. Hope it never goes away!

Quote Originally Posted by slbram17 View Post
    I am interested in hearing more about coffee technique. I am the only coffee drinker and would like to avoid getting out the large coffee maker to make one cup. Not interested in Keurig particularly either.

Do you have a special brew basket? I tried googling but nothing came up that helped. Please post your details. I am so interested in this.

Serita
    Yes, this is what I use. I don't use my big coffeemaker either, only drink one a day.

Just google "finum brewing basket" and it will give you a link to Amazon. Or just use that name in the search box at Amazon. That's where I bought mine about 2 years go. The picture shows the basket sitting on the lid. I let the coffee steep for 7 minutes, but you can check to see what works best for you. It hangs onto the top of your mug and you cover it with the lid after pouring in the boiling water over the grounds. The basket is too tall to use in a standard cup, so I use a mug.
    ~Janice

I buy just straight coffee and not just one kind, I switch off. I have two big cups a day. Just straight, no sugar, no cream.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Happily buried in a heap of fabric in Indiana!
    I have some Folger's Gourmet selections Toasted Hazelnut. yummy!
    Sew, sew, it's the threads that keep love together :>} I love sunbonnet sue,old-fashioned things like 1950's or older housewife things, and like hankies,tea towels and aprons . Thanks to some lovely members on here I now have lots of aprons in my collection !!

I have just discovered Gevalia. It has a wonderful flavor and is not bitter.
    If you wouldn't write it and sign it, don't say it.

Really good coffee?

Quote Originally Posted by slbram17 View Post
    I am interested in hearing more about coffee technique. I am the only coffee drinker and would like to avoid getting out the large coffee maker to make one cup. Not interested in Keurig particularly either.

Do you have a special brew basket? I tried googling but nothing came up that helped. Please post your details. I am so interested in this.

Serita
    I forgot to mention, I have the medium size brew basket. There is a way to choose size when ordering.
    ~Janice

I don't know if you have Aldi Stores where you live, but we have them here. I buy the Aldi Brand Coffee, the big can for $5.99 and it is wonderful. My sister and I like it better than Folgers.

Thank you for getting back to me. I am going to go searching now that I know what to look for. Great idea by the way. I drink one cup a day, but it is a large mug.
    Serita
    Quote Originally Posted by GrammieJan View Post
    Yes, this is what I use. I don't use my big coffeemaker either, only drink one a day.

Just google "finum brewing basket" and it will give you a link to Amazon. Or just use that name in the search box at Amazon. That's where I bought mine about 2 years go. The picture shows the basket sitting on the lid. I let the coffee steep for 7 minutes, but you can check to see what works best for you. It hangs onto the top of your mug and you cover it with the lid after pouring in the boiling water over the grounds. The basket is too tall to use in a standard cup, so I use a mug.
    ~Janice

Blog Entries
    I have a regular full (12) coffee maker, a 4 cup maker, and retired both
    of them to the bottom shelf of the pantry.

We use the Keurig hubs ONLY likes the Starbuck's Sumatra coffee, and
    I like most medium to dark coffees. I like to change it around so I don't
    get bored with the coffee. Plus at home I usually only drink 1 cup.

Keurig is perfect for us.
    Louise - Ya-ya to Zachary April 13 2015. I collect mugs from the U.S. and around the world. Also collect handmade pincushions, sewing/quilting themed fabrics, and fabric in general.

we use Green Mountain Mocha java, grind the beans daily for our pot. We use mail order to get our beans. we also have the Keruig or some brand we use in the afternoon if we want. Also use Green Mountain brand, but different flavors.

I use a one cup melitta come over a mug with a #2 paper filter and drip my one morning cup fresh. I use one heaping measure of coffee. Always good. At least to me!
    Alyce

Blog Entries
    America's Test Kitchen just did a testing on this. The top of the list was Peet's coffee. Alot of coffee makers add beans that are still green to the bag which causes it to be bitter tasting, up to 14 which I guess is a big deal. Peet's only had one in their bag. I don't drink it because I like mellow coffee, I normally use Folgers breakfast blend or one that says mild or med roast. I have the gold metal basket in mine but put a paper filter in it so that I don't get the sediment at the bottom of the cup that you get from the metal basket. This way it double filters it. The paper goes in first then the metal goes in it, this way I can use the paper a couple of times if I make more than a pot in one day.
    Judy

Blog Entries
    My opinion is Maxwell House all the way love me a good cup fresh thing in the morning's,,,just my 2cents

Quote Originally Posted by Three Dog Night View Post
    I have to agree with icul8rg8r and roast my own coffee beans and grind before every pot. The coffee is so much better than anything else I've tried and buying green beans is way less expensive than the grocery store (even Costco). My husband drinks coffee by the gallon and since I started roasting my own beans he doesn't have the heartburn that he used to get drinking coffee. Also have a Pfaff Ambition 1.0 and live in Pudget Sound area (Snohomish) are you the sister I never had?
    We must be twins!!
    Pfaff Ambition 1.0
    Pfaff Performance 5.0

You won't believe this..after Church this morning (I go to the early service) I went to McDonalds and got a cuppa coffee .....best coffee I have tasted in a long while! :-)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4