Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
this is really off the wall! >

this is really off the wall!

this is really off the wall!

Old 10-09-2011, 02:00 PM

When my youngest son was just started talking, he kept chatting to a "Harry", who stayed around for a long time. Got so that I would even sit the table with an extra saucer and kids' silverware. Harry lived in DS's left shirt arm, and never did any harm, DS even learned to read to Harry, which really did help him learn.
One day when DS was about 4 or so, I was sitting the table for Harry too, when DS remarked calmly that Harry had gone off to live with some other little boy. Flatly refused to comment on Harry again, calm about him leaving.
Who knows what goes through the minds of kids?
Old 10-09-2011, 02:03 PM

I didn't have any imaginary friends but our son did. When he was in the Nursery at church he always wanted one extra of anything for his "brother" Jim. One day the Nursery worker asked me about our other son, Jim. I had no idea what she was talking about. Seems our Joshua would always get an extra cookie, coloring sheet, etc. so his "brother Jim" could have one. Our son is 31 now and I still tease him about this.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:16 PM

I always wanted to believe in fairies as a child, I had a good imagination! But I think I knew the difference.

My GD Lily will be 5 this week, but for the past 8 months or so, she has had "invisible Lilys" playing with her. When I took her and her brother to the playground a few weeks ago, she and Logan had 2 swings and the other 18 were occupied by invisible Lilys. We counted them! When we left we had to wait for them all to get off the swings and cross the street with us.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:18 PM

Yes! I've been teaching our 6 yr old about them :) It may be more like how we believe in santa now but it's still fun.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:48 PM

I believed that tiny faries lived in our woods under the may apples. I used to make houses for them to live in. I never did find one, but I found some toads living in the houses I made.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:54 PM

I had four invisible friends. 2 boys and 2 girls, Janesy, Versy, Conky and Dave Gard. And a herd of 6 inch tall purple cows. My mother hated those cows.
Old 10-09-2011, 04:25 PM

No, I had nothing like this as a kid. I was a total little realist, even doubted Santa Claus was real long before my mother admitted it. No imaginary friends, no communion with spirits.

I was amazed when I learned that some kids had imaginary friends. No one I knew did, until a friend in college told me she'd had one as a child.
Old 10-09-2011, 04:30 PM

I had an invisible friend named Suzy until I started first grade and there was a Suzy in my class. We were best friends until her father was stationed somewhere else. My invisible friend never returned.

My youngest daughter had an invisible friend named Johnny. He was always with her for a couple years then one day she announced he died. Which shocked us since she did not seem upset but was very specific that he was dead.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:37 PM
Banned

and Gnomes, trolls, elves, etc...but the Faeries had toadstool rings in our yard!
Old 10-09-2011, 05:51 PM

how neat is this! love it. yes my sons also had th4e imaginary friends too.

y'all ever watch the movie Harry? starruing James Stewart? and this wassupposed to be an adult talking to an imaginary rabbit. now look it, we know the differences , right? but the movie was cute, too.

So now I am not alone with the faries and such? thanks for this one. and all of the little people, knomes,elves, sprites etc....
well Santa was an elf, and it really is fun to imagine these things,