Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
this is really off the wall! >

this is really off the wall!

this is really off the wall!

Old 10-09-2011, 06:31 PM

The movie is "Harvey" and it is wonderful.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:39 PM
Power Poster

No imaginary friends...but fantasy beings...Yep! I was an only child for a long time and I used to spend hours in the garden and communing with nature and "the little people". Imagine my delight when I learned to read and discovered others knew them too:)
Old 10-09-2011, 08:47 PM

I knew they didn't exist but I wanted one to live in my closet so I could put 'it' in my pocket and take 'it' to school with me....didn't matter if 'it' was a girl or boy.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:37 AM

Lived with creepy ghosts before in an old farm house many years ago. I was about 23 at the time and didn't believe in ghosts until I saw them and felt the cold spots. Oh yes they do exist. They never bothered me like making noise at night or anything, mostly the front window could not be blocked ( I had a chair there, a table with lamp and a plant also) Within a week I would come home to find the object moved about three feet out from the window. I finally gave up and let the window be free of objects.
Never had imaginary friends but I think some people have a special perception that can lead to artisty, like quilting~! Poetry and more.
Have you ever seen the child prodigy http://artakiane.com/
If this doesn't make you believe even more in God nothing will. Her story is stunning.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:40 AM

I was a real "Brownie"
Old 10-10-2011, 04:50 AM

I thank you quiltin candy, senior moment I guess. yes I thought the movie was really cute.
and people don't believe, ha! I beg to differ! as for ghosts, I have had only one incident as far as I know, and never again even my son in the next room had the effect too.

just felt the presence, an angry dad coming and asking me where my mom was, he shook my sons bed!! mom said(she was at my sisters) she "fell out of bed".

and there isn't much about Brownies, and I wonder if the group is still around, (the real ones!!)

Jeanniebobbin, did you or any of your family contact them or they you??

earthwalker, thats the best because the nature sprites talk too.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:54 AM

didn't dare. reality only was tolerated. i loved to write poems and short stories but had to do it in secret. kept it all at a friends house but her parents threw it all away when she got kicked out when she turned 18. my parents thought any creativeness from me was a waste of time and didn't allow it. also no tv,no radio, no magazines, no paperbacks. i could only read dictionaries,encyclopedias, natural geographic.of course i hated those for reading material. i think i was the only kid that had to sneak to do homework, english envolved reading paperback and writing reports like comparing two stories like love story and romeo and juliet.needless to say school work was to hard to do so i figured as long as i passed it was good enough.omg didn't dare be caught day dreaming. but what they didn't know is i had a small transister radio with ear plugs that i put in the desk drawer and listened to it if i heard them coming down the hall i put the plug in the drawer and closed it real quick and acted like i was reading that encyclopedia i had open in front of me.. i was only allowed to sit at the desk in a small wooden chair. i thought it was pretty crummy that criminals in jail had more rights than i did. to my step mom i was a stupid american and my dad believed whatever she said. you couldn't speak so i just let them believe i didn't know anything it was easier and safer that way. but imagination is something that has to be used or you lose it.of course what other people did was always wonderful.i made sure my boys could use there imagination and talents they had. my one son had a band and still writes his own songs and music.even a loop they used in some video game his friend was envolved with. he was so excited he got $1,000 for that. the other has put on little shows to earn money for the hiv kids. imagination is a good thing.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:09 AM

cr12cats, I hope you still overcame that! oh my! thats why I created my little world, I was somewhere else! the stories of atlantis started coming out when I was younger, and some of my stories came from there. the "little creatures" helped me be more creative.
so imagination is a good thing, you are so right.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by Psychomomquilter

Jeanniebobbin, did you or any of your family contact them or they you??
No I never tried to contact them but I did actually talk to them jokingly saying things like can you please make it cold here in the kitchen it's got to be 100 degrees in here. Of course that never happened. Cold spots were on the landing of a double stair case and the guest bedroom.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:35 AM

jeanniebobbin, thanks, do you know anything about the house, the "ghosts" etc? would make a cool story.