Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
RECENTLY LOCKED USERS (UPDATED) >

RECENTLY LOCKED USERS (UPDATED)

RECENTLY LOCKED USERS (UPDATED)

Old 01-25-2009, 05:18 PM

Here I am on page 7 already! And I'd like to add my own great BIG "thank you!!!" to Admin K, PatriceJ & Shadow Dancer. You all are doing a fabulous job with this Board & the chat. Thank you THANK You THANK YOU!!! Y'all are awesome! :D
Old 01-25-2009, 05:35 PM

Okay, maybe I'm the idiot here but I would think that if you're so concerned about losing your copyrighted work or was afraid that someone was going to copy your ideas or work, wouldn't the simple answer be NOT to post it?
Old 01-25-2009, 06:44 PM

OOPS! :oops: I forgot to thank you for the board and all the friendships and "family" I have gained!
Old 04-22-2009, 08:12 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by b.zang
Hey admin - I have an extra four hours here that you can have! This weekend, turn off all electronic devices (yes, even access to this wonderful board), get in touch with your most significant person and enjoy four whole hours to do what you like. Compliments of appreciative quilters.

I feel lucky to have found this board. The people who take the time to read posts, respond and pass along wonderful information and pictures have become a valuable part of my quilting experience. Thanks to all who watch out for us.

(I'm used to the 20-minute edit rule from a forum I deal with for work, but will try to be better at using that handy-dandy "Preview" button in the future.)
well, as usual, have learned a lot from this thread. I have never used the 'preview' button, DUH...but that would help me, to correct, typos.
I'm in complete agreement as to all that this board provides, and appreciate all the hard work that goes into that. I used to be an assistant manager on a group, and there is a lot of work that goes on, that ppl are usually not aware of. I am also aware, that most ppl that come to a site like this, have good intentions, but ppl are human, and sometimes they get 'bent' over something...there are reasonable ways to solve problems, and the first is communication.
I've never seen anything from admin., Patrice or Shadow, but willingness to help with any reasonable request. You have to at least talk to them and give them a chance. It's the least any of us can do, for all that we get in return. We are the lucky ones!
Thanks admin, and although I goof around a bit, bc I like a humorous atmosphere at times, I also do it, to help ppl who might not be having their best day. I need positivity to be able to create. I may tease, or poke fun, but I think, ppl know when that is where you are coming from. I try to be somewhat aware that 'my target' lol, knows me, and knows that it is with love.
Quilters, like all creative ppl, have a tendency to be a bit emotional at times, and when something happens, it is good, to go take a break, and try to look at it from another perspective. Don't be afraid to pm somebody and ask...what did you mean, ....or what's up with that?...I don't think anybody here, that really belongs here, is going to bite.
Although I will say, LOL...that as good looking as you are admin, you are the top guy, and at times when I see your pic...I have jumped! It's just me, I don't see many guys, that nice looking, often, LOL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 04-22-2009, 08:26 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by barnbum
Which leads me to believe that the people who started it, didn't really care about the issue as much as they wanted to cause trouble and have some "fun", either out of spite or just by character.
I'm a naive, Polly Anna, optimistic soul--but I read the post and never felt, never saw that. Just my opinion.

I understand an admin has to do what an admin has to do.
...I'm a naive, Polly Anna, optimistic soul...
I think this statement fits me, as well. I sometimes, do things, out of a childlike ignorance or curiosity, not meaning, (and not foreseeing),...any cause and/or effect from my actions.
Karla, not re-interpreting your statement, just borrowing your phrase, here, bc it fits me...sometimes, I just plain out, unwittingly, step in it, a little.
If I ever have, done anything, and anyone was affected, please accept my humblest apologies, and oops! at any faux pas. I love you guys!!! :D
Old 04-22-2009, 08:30 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Cathy M
Egads... thank God I am too tech stupid to be doing deleting and editing :) :) :) :) :) :) See... my theory is held up again- God does bless idiots hahahahahaha....
ok, my third, bingbong (chiming in) :P , but that's toooo funny, to pass over, LOL!!! thanks for the lmbofff, you gave me, CathyM...and reinforcing my belief that I have been looked out for! :lol: :lol: :lol:

editing: didn't mean to drag up an old post.
Was looking around, and although I did notice the dates, thought that when I got to the end, it would have replies that were current...nope, just mine. That's what I mean, about ignorantly, naively, stepping into it. oops!...but come on, ya gotta love me, i always mean well!!! :P
Old 04-22-2009, 08:54 AM
Power Poster

Glad you brought it up, now I can thank all the hard work that goes into keeping this board going. I have had to call on admin when I made a boo-boo and he has always been there and all the others are super. I live in the boonies of NC and this board is my quilting guild! :D :D :D

Quiltincrazy, you are the Best!

Ninnie
Old 04-23-2009, 09:24 AM

Thank you for the heads-up. I read the rules before registering and didn't think of all the ways things could go amuck. I'm new and don't want to disturb the flow. And, like all the others, appreciate the opportunity to learn from others and contribute. Thanks again.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:26 PM

Thank you for the update! This is an awesome sight! New people and new Quilt Patters! It is truly a website like a dream! :)
Old 04-23-2009, 06:22 PM
Power Poster

Isn't this an old thread. Did I miss something?