Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 63

Thread: reupholstered sewing rocking chair

  1. #1
    Super Member carolaug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Behind my sewing machine
    Posts
    7,207
    Blog Entries
    4
    Here is the after picture of my reupholstered rocking chair. I lucked out and got furniture fabric on a bolt for 1.80 a yard (this only took a yard and a half to do) so redid my kitchen chairs and than tackled my rocking chair. Very easy, simple project. I posted this before but the link did not work and was asked for a picture so here is the after....
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Super Member Rose L's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Nebraska..The Good Life
    Posts
    2,142
    Blog Entries
    1
    Very pretty little sewing chair!

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    292
    Lovely chair and material

  4. #4
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Jefferson City MO
    Posts
    2,564
    Blog Entries
    1
    Great Job!! You got a great bargain on the fabric. What a pretty chair - if you get tired of it let me know lol

  5. #5
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    western australia
    Posts
    1,794
    lovely fabric, great job well done,

  6. #6
    Super Member Chicca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Grants Pass, Oregon
    Posts
    2,176
    Blog Entries
    8
    You did a fabulous job. Love the fabric and wow what an awesome deal. Thanks for sharing.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Kathios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Nottingham, NH
    Posts
    586
    WOW-you did an amazing job!!

  8. #8
    Super Member grannyp70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,164
    Blog Entries
    1
    I love your rocking chair, it is so neat, what a great job you did on it.

  9. #9
    Power Poster amma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Out searching for some sunshine :-)
    Posts
    59,092
    Blog Entries
    1
    You did a beautiful job on this chair :D:D:D

  10. #10
    Super Member quiltgrammyt2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    1,416
    Beautiful, you did a great job! :thumbup: :D :D

  11. #11
    Super Member carolaug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Behind my sewing machine
    Posts
    7,207
    Blog Entries
    4
    My husand is just glad that I am using up some of the fabric in the house...next window seat ; )

  12. #12
    Power Poster nativetexan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    home again, after 27 yrs!
    Posts
    15,673
    Blog Entries
    2
    oh what a good job. lovely chair. every time i go to an antiques store i have to sit in the rocking chairs! love them.

  13. #13
    Super Member clem55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lexington,Kentucky
    Posts
    6,201
    Blog Entries
    6
    great job, and that rocker is wonderful!

  14. #14
    Senior Member sewgray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Houston area
    Posts
    897
    I love it. Good job!

  15. #15
    Super Member redkimba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    1,725
    that is such beautiful chair! where did you find it?

    Good job on the re-covering

  16. #16
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,342
    Beautiful

  17. #17
    Member twogeebs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    SW Pennsylvania
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by carolaug
    Here is the after picture of my reupholstered rocking chair. I lucked out and got furniture fabric on a bolt for 1.80 a yard (this only took a yard and a half to do) so redid my kitchen chairs and than tackled my rocking chair. Very easy, simple project. I posted this before but the link did not work and was asked for a picture so here is the after....
    You did a beautiful job. I need to recover my sons chair and I'd like to ask you how you put the trim on? Is it just glued, if so what kind of glue? I was thinking of just using a hot glue gun!!

  18. #18
    Power Poster alikat110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Waco, Texas
    Posts
    15,217
    Blog Entries
    9
    Beautiful job

  19. #19
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    1,916
    It is sooooooo pretty

  20. #20
    Super Member caspharm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,881
    Good job!

  21. #21
    Super Member carolaug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Behind my sewing machine
    Posts
    7,207
    Blog Entries
    4
    Found it at a consignment store for 40.00 I saw another blog that redid hers and asked her about it. It sounded simple enough to redo. So glad I did it. Love the internet, Its amazing how much knowledge is shared.
    Quote Originally Posted by redkimba
    that is such beautiful chair! where did you find it?

    Good job on the re-covering

  22. #22
    Super Member carolaug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Behind my sewing machine
    Posts
    7,207
    Blog Entries
    4
    I used staples for the fabric and gorilla glue to hold the trim which hides the staples. it took a while to dry so I used sewing pins to hold it. I am not sure if glue stick would be strong enough to hold the trim on the chair. Since it would get a lot of use.
    Quote Originally Posted by twogeebs
    Quote Originally Posted by carolaug
    Here is the after picture of my reupholstered rocking chair. I lucked out and got furniture fabric on a bolt for 1.80 a yard (this only took a yard and a half to do) so redid my kitchen chairs and than tackled my rocking chair. Very easy, simple project. I posted this before but the link did not work and was asked for a picture so here is the after....
    You did a beautiful job. I need to recover my sons chair and I'd like to ask you how you put the trim on? Is it just glued, if so what kind of glue? I was thinking of just using a hot glue gun!!

  23. #23
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    N. Florida
    Posts
    4,609
    Blog Entries
    45
    That is beyond adorable. What a good job you did. Enjoy your "new" chair.

  24. #24
    Super Member GGinMcKinney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    N Texas
    Posts
    1,140
    Gorgeous!!

  25. #25
    Super Member wanda lou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    In the country in Ohio
    Posts
    4,991
    very pretty

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.