Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Rocking Chair Quilts really does ROCK!! at http://www.rcquilts.com/ >

Rocking Chair Quilts really does ROCK!! at http://www.rcquilts.com/

Rocking Chair Quilts really does ROCK!! at http://www.rcquilts.com/

Old 10-08-2010, 06:48 PM

Just wanted to recommend this online (or in person) fabric store. We have a board member (Quiltzilla) who is associated with this store, but I haven't been bribed unless you count excellent service, fast shipping, great prices and selection, and really spectacular quality.
I'm really impressed. There are a couple of great things about the website. All the manufacturers info for every fabric is posted with the picture, all beautiful LQS quality. I bought a delicious Robyn Pandolph pink floral for $1.99! Yes, a yard!
Another great thing is the 'double click for full size image' feature. I've seen something like this before, but these really are full size. Just like having a charm square in your hand. Very nice.
My package arrived beautifully sealed and double wrapped in a fun wrapping paper inside the box. And I had never seen this particular folding technique but it made an 'envelope' to hold some charm packs I purchased.
I got a receipt in hard-copy in the box, along with a personal note and the gift of a lovely fat quarter. They've had to alter their 'free shipping to Canada' policy to 'free with minimum order', and they will be happy to work with you for group or guild orders.
An all around great shopping experience. I have no reservations in making this recommendation, and all you USA quilters still can take advantage of free shipping with a $30 order. (Sorry, I've edited this a couple of times because I know they are working on a shipping policy and everytime I go to the site, something has changed.)
Here's the link: http://www.rcquilts.com/
Old 10-08-2010, 06:51 PM

Am I not seeing something???? What's the website????
Old 10-08-2010, 06:54 PM

what is the web address
Old 10-08-2010, 06:56 PM

I will absolutely bookmark this company, and since I live in the 'sticks' where the closest fabric shop is at least an hours drive, I use on-line shopping a LOT!

And they ship to Canada!!! WHoo Hoo!!!! :)
Old 10-08-2010, 06:56 PM

http://www.rcquilts.com/store/

It's Rocking Chair Quilts
Old 10-08-2010, 07:01 PM

I found it -- did you see that Satinesque fabric by Robert Kaufman???? OMG I need to ORDER that!!!!
Old 10-08-2010, 07:33 PM
Google Goddess

thanks for the link
Old 10-09-2010, 06:59 AM

Wow! Thanks for the glowing review. We are a fairly new on-line Quilt Store and pretty new in the real world too. The Quilt Shop in Butler Missouri opened just one year ago and the on-line store opened on the first on this year. We are still learning as fast as we can. We are glad to hear from anyone with insights or opinions on how we can improve what we do.

Thanks again for your encouragement and kind words.
Old 10-10-2010, 02:41 AM

I too live in Canada and checked out the site.
Prices are great but why don`t they post the shipping costs if you not spending 200 to get free shipping?
Gale
Old 10-10-2010, 06:32 AM

The shipping costs are calculated by the United States Post Office using the weight of the items ordered and the shipping address that the items are being sent to. The cost is shown during the checkout process. Most of the time, the USPS estimate of the shipping cost is a bit low. We honor the USPS estimate shown at check out even if we need to "chip in" to get that shipment to you. The research to find a sustainable and fair flat-rate option that we can implement for our Canadian customers is currently underway. Until we can find a better option, the current system charges actual cost for shipments under $200USD and Free Shipping for orders of $200USD and above. For now we have added a $10 discount on orders shipped to Canada that have a subtotal between $100USD and $200USD to help discount the shipping cost.