Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Robocall scam

Quote Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
    I had a call last week from "Publisher's Clearing House- I did a reverse search on the number...it came from outside the U.S. I hung up on the guy, but wish I'd stayed connected long enough to learn what the scam was.
    Ah yes, you have won millions but need to wire some money to Jamaica before you can receive your prize.

I have 3 numbers - 2 cell phones, and a Google Voice number that does not ring on any phone. The GV number gets plenty of calls, they never leave a message. Keep on calling, no one will ever answer!!

My very basic smart phone only rings 4 times before going to voicemail, and I can never get to it in time. There is no way to program it to ring more times. So I wind up calling back whoever called, if I know them. I don't get very many junk calls, not sure why.

I'm getting calls from people who say I called them from my number. I didn't. Why would anyone call back a number not recognized in the first place? A live person will at least leave a voice message. It amazes me how many try to break their necks trying to answer their phone. If I'm busy or occupied I let it ring. Doesn't bother me at all.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebelle View Post
    We do not have a land line anymore we just use our cell phones, both husband and I keep our phone on do not disturb and if you are not in our contacts you will not get thru. Best move we ever made. It is amazing how many scam calls come thru as local numbers now. I figure if they donít leave a message it is not important.
    OMG. I used your suggestion about "do not disturb" on my iPhone and it is wonderful. Now, any unknown phone calls go straight to voicemail. I tried it out by deleting my DH from my contact list and calling me on his phone. it works like a charm. Love it. Thanks so much

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2